Lares question

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard

Lares question

Postby chirojh » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 pm

I have a t-1but do not have the ability to use a hybrid. Anyone that has both are they too similar to have both or can you tell a difference. Are the air presentation the same. If not what would be the difference
chirojh
hunter

Re: Lares question

Postby tsaylor1979 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

For me personally, I find both calls similar. I find it easier to control the hybrid, and I like the range of the hybrid More. That's why I hunt that call and not my T-1s. The transition is pretty easy to make though. So if you are comfortable using a T-1, I don't think it would be tough to move into a hybrid.

Just a tip. Either call could be overblown easily. Those calls can really get loud. Regulating the amount of air you put I to the call will allow you to control the T-1 or hybrid as you want to. I used hybrid on ponds that you could skip a stone across. I just regulate my volume where if I was Hunting cornfield I might just let it rip.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby Big Hutch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 am

Kind of strange but I've noticed the same thing. I love my Hybrid for its range and rasp. It is the easiest loud call to run that I have ever blown. I just haven't been impressed with my T-1 small bore. I plan on experimenting with the T-1 during the L. O. N. G. offseason.

Let me know what you figure out.

Thanks
Robbie aka Big Hutch
Big Hutch
hunter

Postby Full Force Five » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 am

Personally not a fan of the small bore. The regular bore T-1 is awesome. It needs less air and more control than the hybrid. I find both of them to run similarly.
I knew this would happen.
Full Force Five
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am

by in large I agree with the others. Open bore t-1 to hybrid, I don't see much if any difference. I run them both on my lanyard with different tunes.

I also have a t-1 small bore, and not a huge fan. Its a nice call but you can get just as soft with the others and still have the ability to get louder if needed.

As far as air presentation, its the same. Its just a choked out bore.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum