Help selecting winglock duck call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Help selecting winglock duck call

Postby coyote2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 pm

This past season was my first so I would like a little help to choose the best sounding call. Should I go with the regular or multi- mallard ? Delrin or walnut ? Do the double reeds sound good ? I can use a single or double just not a great caller with either. Any help is appreciated.
coyote2
hunter

Re: Help selecting winglock duck call

Postby gkerrigan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:32 pm

I really like Winglock, and Rick seems to be a very nice guy. I have not had a ton of interaction with him, but the little bit I have dealt with him over the phone or through email he has always been willing to help. I bought a multi-mallard double reed a few years ago. And I have purchased a few of his goose calls. I would definitely buy another call from him. Give him a call and he will help you pick the right call.
gkerrigan
hunter

Postby coyote2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I agree Rick is very helpful, I bought a long neck goose call from him and really like it.
coyote2
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 pm

If your not use to using a multi-mallard...you won't get the full effect..but if you want one..get it..and practice with it...they do make a fine call.
Can't go wrong with a single or double reed..... Or in either in delrin & poly, or walnut & poly. Give Rick a buzz, and talk with him and he'll set you up.....a great guy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum