Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Postby OliverLee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi, my name is Oliver, I just turned 13 and I am new to duck hunting. I did help call in and shoot a few Canada Geese this year but didn't get a chance to duck hunt yet. I have a Foile's Strait Meat Honker and a Zink COD short reed goose call that I am getting pretty good with. I also have a Zink Paralyzer XR-2 duck call which is very loud and raspy and takes a lot of air. Would like to get another duck call to compliment my Zink What brands of duck calls do ducks respond the best to? I want a good duck call that sounds good and is not too loud. I don't care about how expensive it is. Thanks for any help.
OliverLee
hunter

Re: Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:54 pm

There is no such thing as a magic flute for ducks. Some people will get on here and throw names out but that really means nothing. If you have a local big sporting goods store go in there and try some out. For softer calls I like the RNT microhen and for really soft there's the new old style. I have a Zink NBG that is on the lower volume level as well. You'll have to see what fits you, I've heard the paralyzer runs different than regular J Frames but don't have personal experience with it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Re: Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Postby Bryce_Decker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:19 pm

A wise man once said....it's not the arrow...it's the Indian...
Bryce_Decker
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum