Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Postby OliverLee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi, my name is Oliver, I just turned 13 and I am new to duck hunting. I did help call in and shoot a few Canada Geese this year but didn't get a chance to duck hunt yet. I have a Foile's Strait Meat Honker and a Zink COD short reed goose call that I am getting pretty good with. I also have a Zink Paralyzer XR-2 duck call which is very loud and raspy and takes a lot of air. Would like to get another duck call to compliment my Zink What brands of duck calls do ducks respond the best to? I want a good duck call that sounds good and is not too loud. I don't care about how expensive it is. Thanks for any help.
OliverLee
hunter

Re: Opinions on Duck Calls Please

Postby deadeyehawkins » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm

For me I am a zink call fan so I would suggest the ph2 think it is a good call for close in the zink atm is another awesome call you've got the cod which you know rocks so think these two calls are good sure everyone else will have some idea's as to what is better just know I've killed a lot of ducks using zink calls.
deadeyehawkins
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:42 pm

I can't use a zink call. Both because I don't like him and I don't like his calls. I like RNT and echo calls. If you want a softer call any type of timber call would be good. I run the RNT short barrel a lot. It's my go to call.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:51 pm

In recent years, I switched to "Native Calls". They make only duck calls and they not only sound great but look great too. Some of the most reasonably priced calls you will find. They have a website.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby OliverLee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks for all the help :smile: iv'e heard that the RNT calls and echo calls sound great.
OliverLee
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum