Question about RNT Original

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Question about RNT Original

Postby A5 hunter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:29 am

Just received rnt original.Mine takes very little air. It squeals out with very little pressure. Is this normal? Bottom sounds really good to me better than my microhen. Just can't get very loud without it cutting out. It may just be me but I was expecting more on the top end. Any thoughts?
Take a kid hunting and give thanks to those that took you. Thanks Pop
A5 hunter
hunter

Re: Question about RNT Original

Postby jrode237 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:38 am

It should have considerably more on top than your micro. My guess is either your reed length is not correct or your cork needs to be replaced. As is often the case with "new" calls, they have spent some time on a shelf or in a warehouse and over that time the cork has lost its ability to hold the reed tight. Even if the call is performing well on a part of the scale a new cork may be just what the doctor ordered.
jrode237
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:20 am

^^^what he said!!
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby Gj325 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:10 am

A5 hunter wrote:Just received rnt original.Mine takes very little air. It squeals out with very little pressure. Is this normal? Bottom sounds really good to me better than my microhen. Just can't get very loud without it cutting out. It may just be me but I was expecting more on the top end. Any thoughts?

My original doesn't do this unless I get to aggressive. I just got a MVP that does handle more air but still gets own on low end very nice. I have RNT making me a MVP in Cocobolo that may tone down some of top end not going to do any contest calling with it I just like the look and feel of wood. I like the MVP so much just had to have one.
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:13 pm

My Original is what I consider Medium loud. Its not a true open water call and not a true timber call.

Love mine, it sounds real ducky and is easy to run.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm wit' jrode: you should be able to really crank that Original up, so something ain't right, tuning or just tired cork.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby A5 hunter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I figured out what was wrong. Got the call yesterday in mail from Macks spent yesterday afternoon wondering if I was doing something wrong with air presentation. Couldn't make it stop squealing, was mad at myself for buying it on sale instead of buying it direct from RNT. Read y'alls posts, so went to take it apart and the insert fell out in my hand. Insert was barely making contact. Works perfect now. Yes I feel a little foolish,sorry to trouble you guys.
Take a kid hunting and give thanks to those that took you. Thanks Pop
A5 hunter
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 pm

No problem. Enjoy a great, albeit under appreciated call.
TomKat
Dorothy

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum