Goey and Hayes questions

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Goey and Hayes questions

Postby Huntfish12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Went to an outdoors show last week and got to try out some calls that I've never messed with at all .One was a Goey Swamp Laundry, and the other was one from the Hayes line up. i have tried a few of the hayes before and I liked em alot. Same goes with the Goey I just tried. Problem is, Ive got a drawer full of call parts, that have let me down over time from sticking to loosing tune and I dont want to add one more to the collection if I dont have too. I would say, i liked both the hayes and the Goey equally as far as how they run and sound. The Hayes call i tried, I think it was the Bawlin Chain, was your typical J-frame double with standard reeds and a rubber wedge, but the Goey Swamp Laundry had the reeds cut compleatly different, along with a rubber wedge. If someone has a picture of the Goey reeds, please post it, but they are cut in almost a triangle instead of the standard rectangle. I asked the guy what was up with this design, and he gave me a simple answer. Its less surface area for spit to build up and cause a sticking problem. Makes sense, but only time will tell. Hell, all those calls that are in my drawer didnt stick when they were new and look at em now...Anyway, I guess what im getting at is, has anyone had any experience with the Goey Swamp Laundy and how is it working for you today?

BTW, Please dont recomend a Echo this or Lares that. Got some of them too, just looking for info on the above.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum