little help for meat calling contest

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Postby Jerlee3 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 pm

alright guys i have gotten quite interested in the meat calling contest thing i like tinkering an blowing diffrent calls i know that call chocies vary from person to person but i am just wondering what call meat callers use just to kinda get an idea of voulme or tone judges are lookin for also is it better to stay really clean in your routine or is some sqeals an wines good to throw in to i am currently blowin a hobo prime meat i blow one of my other double reed calls a tiny bit better but i feel like i can get alot more out of the hobo on pitch changes an so on any help would be welcomed!!
DuckSmackersInc.
Jerlee3
hunter

Re: little help for meat calling contest

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 pm

First off, let me say this: I haven't been doing this as long as some others, but here is what my opinion is :thumbsup: The biggest thing is to have good flow (which is a given in any contest). My advice would be to work on your routine (get a solid structure) before trying to get fancy with whines and/or squeals. I like a good, powerful hail with a variation of ducks. I like to hear 3-5 really good hens along with a good cut feed. Try your best to not drag your hails out like a Mainstreet routine. As far as calls...blow what you have confidence in :thumbsup:

Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Spinnerbait » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm

It's basically the same as a Main Street routine minus the ringing hail calls .
Spinnerbait
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Spinnerbait wrote:It's basically the same as a Main Street routine minus the ringing hail calls .

Ehh...you still have to be careful with dragging out the hails. Also, there needs to be more ducks and more variation between ducks. Feed is usually single cut feed :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Jerlee3 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 pm

thanks guys.... I have really heard alot about having a flow beinging so important so i guess im going to really practice hitting all my notes an working on the flow of it.... in the feed basically i need to just do single cuts an kinda bounce back an fourth through multiple hens on the feed?
DuckSmackersInc.
Jerlee3
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Jerlee3 wrote:thanks guys.... I have really heard alot about having a flow beinging so important so i guess im going to really practice hitting all my notes an working on the flow of it.... in the feed basically i need to just do single cuts an kinda bounce back an fourth through multiple hens on the feed?

I like to hear at least 2 different hens. One at the 1st part and one at the 2nd part before the step up.
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum