New Echo??

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

New Echo??

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:52 pm

What's this new Echo call I'm hearing about? Some say its a hybrid breaker and some are calling it the ODB? What's that stand for? Any info out there?
User avatar
Greenhead Rocker
hunter
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 pm


Re: New Echo??

Postby Duck_Stank » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Believe it stands for old dirty bastard. Scott Rowe with duck call exchange on facebook has a video of it. It's a breaker prototype.
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: New Echo??

Postby HybridMachine » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Pretty sure it stands for: Ole Ducky Breaker.
Not as loud as the original Breaker, more mellow, with a bit more hold.
Learn how to run it.......
User avatar
HybridMachine
hunter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: West

Re: New Echo??

Postby Duck_Stank » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 pm

"You down with odb?".
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: New Echo??

Postby MNGunner » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Greenhead Rocker wrote:What's this new Echo call I'm hearing about? Some say its a hybrid breaker and some are calling it the ODB? What's that stand for? Any info out there?


Dang! Just when I thought I had all the Echos!

Where did you hear about it?
MNGunner
hunter
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: New Echo??

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:01 pm

MNGunner wrote:
Greenhead Rocker wrote:What's this new Echo call I'm hearing about? Some say its a hybrid breaker and some are calling it the ODB? What's that stand for? Any info out there?


Dang! Just when I thought I had all the Echos!

Where did you hear about it?

That large social media stalker website is a buzz about it.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: New Echo??

Postby MNGunner » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:
MNGunner wrote:
Greenhead Rocker wrote:What's this new Echo call I'm hearing about? Some say its a hybrid breaker and some are calling it the ODB? What's that stand for? Any info out there?


Dang! Just when I thought I had all the Echos!

Where did you hear about it?

That large social media stalker website is a buzz about it.


I'm not on there, so I'll have to rely on this thread for any info...
MNGunner
hunter
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: New Echo??

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:44 pm

MNGunner wrote:
ColoradoGooser wrote:
MNGunner wrote:
Greenhead Rocker wrote:What's this new Echo call I'm hearing about? Some say its a hybrid breaker and some are calling it the ODB? What's that stand for? Any info out there?


Dang! Just when I thought I had all the Echos!

Where did you hear about it?

That large social media stalker website is a buzz about it.


I'm not on there, so I'll have to rely on this thread for any info...


From what I gather,just call the Echo shop and ask them you want to know or order one of the new ODB's.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: New Echo??

Postby tnhunter42 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Just got mine the other day in hedge. A little softer than the Breaker with more hold. Probably the most realistic sounding call I've owned IMO. Might be able to post a pic upon request

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
tnhunter42
hunter
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby tnhunter42 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Image

Image

Here's some pics for those interested. Bore is a little larger than Timber. Close to a Breaker

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
tnhunter42
hunter
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby MNGunner » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 am

tnhunter42 wrote:Image

Image

Here's some pics for those interested. Bore is a little larger than Timber. Close to a Breaker

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk


Looks good, TN!
MNGunner
hunter
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: New Echo??

Postby DarenDeath » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:30 pm

I wonder why Echo added another call to the roster. I thought they had a full range that covered what a duck caller would need. It seems to me a breaker with 'more hold' or 'softer', would be like a pure meat.
Opening the worm can...
DarenDeath
hunter
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: The Google duck ponds

Re: New Echo??

Postby MNGunner » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:30 pm

DarenDeath wrote:I wonder why Echo added another call to the roster. I thought they had a full range that covered what a duck caller would need. It seems to me a breaker with 'more hold' or 'softer', would be like a pure meat.
Opening the worm can...


I think my Breaker and Pure Meat have about the same volume. They do have different sounds though (and the Breaker is more forgiving--almost hard to over blow it).
MNGunner
hunter
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: New Echo??

Postby DarenDeath » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 pm

MNGunner wrote:I think my Breaker and Pure Meat have about the same volume. They do have different sounds though (and the Breaker is more forgiving--almost hard to over blow it).

Honestly I didn't keep my "prime meat" that long (and I know the argument they're not the same as pure meat). So I never have done a side by side. I like the breaker but I'm just imagining the ODB must be very similar to the Timber or a PM.
DarenDeath
hunter
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: The Google duck ponds

Re: New Echo??

Postby Duck_Stank » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 am

Ermahgerd
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: New Echo??

Postby millerms06 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 am

I find it interesting they are not advertising it on their website like all their other models. You have to call to have one made...

Technically speaking, it is a hybrid of a timber and open water call...
millerms06
hunter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby tnhunter42 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Echo hasn't officially decided to introduce the call into the lineup that I know of. More like a trial thing to see how reviews of it go. I love my ODB and won't be getting rid of it. It's a smaller bore call like the Timber, but I have heard of a few instances where guys had the bore opened up a bit to add more volume, but maintain the hold that the call has. Out of my three current Echo models and multiple calls (Timber, XLT, Breaker, and ODB) the ODB is my favorite.
tnhunter42
hunter
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:09 am

DarenDeath wrote:I wonder why Echo added another call to the roster. I thought they had a full range that covered what a duck caller would need. It seems to me a breaker with 'more hold' or 'softer', would be like a pure meat.
Opening the worm can...

For the same reason rnt keeps releasing calls. To sell them.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 13229
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: New Echo??

Postby tnhunter42 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 pm

Wondered when someone would say that...thought the same thing Byers
tnhunter42
hunter
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby dillakilla12 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Image
I have a ODB on my lanyard. Ready to see what it does out on the water! I wanna pick up a Echo Timber to compliment it.
dillakilla12
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: New Echo??

Postby curtdawg88 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:I wonder why Echo added another call to the roster. I thought they had a full range that covered what a duck caller would need. It seems to me a breaker with 'more hold' or 'softer', would be like a pure meat.
Opening the worm can...

For the same reason rnt keeps releasing calls. To sell them.


Yep. If you have every call they make, chances are you won't be buying many more. Same reason camo companies produce new patterns every year.

That said, I may have to order one of these. I just picked up the breaker recently and love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If guns kill people, how does anyone make it out of a gun show alive?
User avatar
curtdawg88
hunter
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:16 am
Location: Mississippi

Re: New Echo??

Postby Greenhead123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Echo makes some great calls! Love my pure meat, gonna have to give this new call a try
Greenhead123
Newb
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:30 pm


Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests