Wingert style whistle

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: Wingert style whistle

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 pm

KyMike wrote:Pulled the trigger on a black one. I'll wait on the custom.

You wont regret it!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 am

Aaron was on FB complaining about some other person making whistles that looked just like his but wouldn't say who it was. My guess is because he's afraid of the business he'd lose from all the people waiting a year to get a dang duck whistle. I k ow they are hand made and all but good grief that's too long to wait for a whistle.
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 am

Lemonhead wrote:Aaron was on FB complaining about some other person making whistles that looked just like his but wouldn't say who it was. My guess is because he's afraid of the business he'd lose from all the people waiting a year to get a dang duck whistle. I k ow they are hand made and all but good grief that's too long to wait for a whistle.

Yea well your guess is wrong !!!!!!!!! Actually that`s a pretty stupid thing to say.
Aaron wasn't pissed about someone copying his LOOK because he`d loose business. He was pissed because we worked his arse off to come up with HIS shape and HIS design and some wanna be piece of poo (there`s ALOT of those out there right now) figured he would simply copy Aarons shape and design and make some easy cash off of Aaron success.

The man has more business than he could ever want plain and simple. He doesn`t build calls full time and has two young sons that take center stage over everything else....you know, a guy that has values kinda thing. He happens to make the best sounding and looking whistle out there but he will not take away from his family. He tells everyone that very thing and so they know the deal going into it so its the customers decision.

He has cnc whistles for people that don`t want to wait for a hand made call (yea you know, something most call makers can`t do...hand turn, hand cut, hand tune a call)

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:23 am

stumpjumper wrote:
Lemonhead wrote:Aaron was on FB complaining about some other person making whistles that looked just like his but wouldn't say who it was. My guess is because he's afraid of the business he'd lose from all the people waiting a year to get a dang duck whistle. I k ow they are hand made and all but good grief that's too long to wait for a whistle.

Yea well your guess is wrong !!!!!!!!! Actually that`s a pretty stupid thing to say.
Aaron wasn't pissed about someone copying his LOOK because he`d loose business. He was pissed because we worked his arse off to come up with HIS shape and HIS design and some wanna be piece of poo (there`s ALOT of those out there right now) figured he would simply copy Aarons shape and design and make some easy cash off of Aaron success.

The man has more business than he could ever want plain and simple. He doesn`t build calls full time and has two young sons that take center stage over everything else....you know, a guy that has values kinda thing. He happens to make the best sounding and looking whistle out there but he will not take away from his family. He tells everyone that very thing and so they know the deal going into it so its the customers decision.

He has cnc whistles for people that don`t want to wait for a hand made call (yea you know, something most call makers can`t do...hand turn, hand cut, hand tune a call)

STUMP

X2.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:02 am

quacknstack6 wrote:
stumpjumper wrote:

STUMP

X2.

x3,4, and 5

I rate those copy cat call makers right up there with the Chinese. Anybody can copy something. Why do they do it? Theyre not smart enough to develop their own.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Just because your say someone is wrong doesn't mean you're right LOL.
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Lemonhead wrote:Just because your say someone is wrong doesn't mean you're right LOL.

Yep, but it does say theyre wrong LOL
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 am

Like I said it was just my guess he didn't want it to hurt his business and It was my opinion waiting a year is too long for a duck whistle. The problem with some of you guys is your response to those who have different opinions than your own instead of having a open discussion with others. Take a chill pill, go to a meeting, and lighten up. Duck calls ain't that serious.
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 am

Lemonhead wrote:Like I said it was just my guess he didn't want it to hurt his business and It was my opinion waiting a year is too long for a duck whistle. The problem with some of you guys is your response to those who have different opinions than your own instead of having a open discussion with others. Take a chill pill, go to a meeting, and lighten up. Duck calls ain't that serious.

It's the principle that someone would copy a call and try to sell it as their own. As for the year that is up to you, less I have to worry about if you don't order one.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 am

Lemonhead wrote:Like I said it was just my guess he didn't want it to hurt his business and It was my opinion waiting a year is too long for a duck whistle. The problem with some of you guys is your response to those who have different opinions than your own instead of having a open discussion with others. Take a chill pill, go to a meeting, and lighten up. Duck calls ain't that serious.

Aww did you get your feelings hurt? Good, I`m glad

Lets put it this way, there is no need to discuss lying, cheating and or stealing. Wrong is wrong plain and simple. I have grown tired of everyone getting a trophy, not saying anything cause someone might get up set, everyone is owed something.....whiny ass America. Man up
How`s about you simply say, crap I didn`t think about how hard Aaron worked and then for someone to come along and blatantly steal everything he worked for, yep that aint right.
And buuuddi, to some of us.....duck calls are serious. Even if they weren`t, your the one that called the kettle black to begin the discussion. I`m simply letting you stand in the hole you dug :hi:

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puppypopper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:32 am

For someone to tell Stump to chill and that duck calls are not Duck calls ain't that serious. Really ? To many people have grown to accustom to " Click It and Get It ". Quality and craftsmanship takes time. Look how hard and long these guys have worked over the years to get there calls where they want them. Look at there back log. Skip the fact that these guys have a family and a life. Building duck calls at the level these guys are building is an art. I know. I've been to Stumps. I've been blessed to get to hang out with him and watch him turn for hours. I've sat and listened to him for hours in tuning a call for a customer. Tuning not turning for hours. Your talking, now about two call makers that step above most on there calls, customer service and the tradition of making duck calls. Really ? Hell Stump put his boat up for sale due to his back log. Did he have to, NO, but still. Does he hunt more than he turns, NO. Why ? Because of the man that he is and what he does. Duck calls ain't serious. That's like telling everyone that ever stepped up on stage, " Hey your just blowing a call. What's the big deal ?" Go tell a world champion, " Hey its just a ring. What's the big deal. "

Duck calls ain't serious. On a duck forum, that's like saying apple pie isn't American or staying home on opening day of duck season. Telling a call maker that is a slap in the face, especially when your talking to Ron .

You do know that polycarb calls are just plastic, right ?
puppypopper
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:39 am

puppypopper wrote:For someone to tell Stump to chill and that duck calls are not Duck calls ain't that serious. Really ? To many people have grown to accustom to " Click It and Get It ". Quality and craftsmanship takes time. Look how hard and long these guys have worked over the years to get there calls where they want them. Look at there back log. Skip the fact that these guys have a family and a life. Building duck calls at the level these guys are building is an art. I know. I've been to Stumps. I've been blessed to get to hang out with him and watch him turn for hours. I've sat and listened to him for hours in tuning a call for a customer. Tuning not turning for hours. Your talking, now about two call makers that step above most on there calls, customer service and the tradition of making duck calls. Really ? Hell Stump put his boat up for sale due to his back log. Did he have to, NO, but still. Does he hunt more than he turns, NO. Why ? Because of the man that he is and what he does. Duck calls ain't serious. That's like telling everyone that ever stepped up on stage, " Hey your just blowing a call. What's the big deal ?" Go tell a world champion, " Hey its just a ring. What's the big deal. "

Duck calls ain't serious. On a duck forum, that's like saying apple pie isn't American or staying home on opening day of duck season. Telling a call maker that is a slap in the face, especially when your talking to Ron .

You do know that polycarb calls are just plastic, right ?

I really couldn't have said it any better.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:45 am

I went back on Aarons face book page and read what he posted. I personally didn't see anything that I felt was out of line on his part. As for him worrying about losing business to a copy cat I seriously doubt that even entered his mind. Hes a fine young man intent on making a superior crafted product. A year wait isn't anything for getting a quality product from anyone, especially when its a one man part time operation. Just a note here, I waited 2 years to get my street rod painted buy the man I think is the best in Kansas and the out come was superb . It was well worth the wait as is the wait for one of Aarons calls. Theres a reason behind that wait, its called Quality.

Lemon, I suggest you find a whistle from some mass producer, that way you can have it immediately. Duck Commander makes them LOL. BTW I don't need to take a chill pill, im an old guy, take enough as it is. Your opinion is just as valuable as any one elses, if you think a year is to long to wait that's fine. Its pretty simple then don't get on the waiting list, but if you want one, you will just have to grin and bear with it. Theres one fact in the whole thing, Duck calls are serious
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Goose Isle Gunner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Lemonhead wrote: Take a chill pill, go to a meeting, and lighten up. Duck calls ain't that serious.

Says the guy who dropped $500 on the fuggley Cabelas set :clapping:
Goose Isle Gunner
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Goose Isle Gunner wrote:
Lemonhead wrote: Take a chill pill, go to a meeting, and lighten up. Duck calls ain't that serious.

Haha
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Goose Isle Gunner wrote:

:devil: :devil:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Man I didn't get my feelings hurt at all. I don't care enough about what you have to say to let it hurt my feelings. I've already made money on the fuggly Cabelas set LOL
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby Goose Isle Gunner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Lemonhead wrote:Man I didn't get my feelings hurt at all. I don't care enough about what you have to say to let it hurt my feelings. I've already made money on the fuggly Cabelas set LOL

So you bought the set as a business move? Sounds serious..........
Goose Isle Gunner
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Lemonhead wrote:Man I didn't get my feelings hurt at all. I don't care enough about what you have to say to let it hurt my feelings. I've already made money on the fuggly Cabelas set LOL

This ones to good to pass up

Id take that profit and go buy a Duck Commander whistle then, no wait involved. LOL
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby awingert » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

I hate a copycat, plain and simple. So it pissed me off, plain and simple. That being said, if a copycat can live with himself so be it. Hope he feels good when he lays his head down to sleep at night. I'm busier than I ever imagined I'd be a few years ago. If I were worried about someone else making and selling duck whistles, I would not have posted an online tutorial of how it is done and I would not have personally taught numerous fellow call makers how to do it. I could care less if someone wants to build and sell some whistles. But, be a craftsman. Be someone that puts in the time to nail down the perfect sound on your own and make it look like your own design, not a clone of another craftsman's. And I'll wish him great success and maybe even drive some business his way if I can. I didn't name the guy or call him out personally because no good would have come of it. But a little venting was in order and I vented. If you don't like that, feel free to un-like my Facebook page if you'd like. As far as I'm concerned it is water under the bridge.

I am 1000% unapologetic about the fact that it takes quite a while to get a custom whistle from me. I build calls no less than six nights a week after my kids go to bed, and usually stay in the shop well past midnight. I work five days a week for the fire department. I have four year old sons and will not cut one minute of quality time with them to build ducks calls. My wife works weekends so I'm Mr. Mom on the weekends. Yes, it sucks that it takes well over a year for me to get through the 250+ orders that I have in line, and for some folks a wait like that isn't acceptable. I do not blow smoke in people's' eyes about time frame when they order....I'm as honest as I can be and estimate time frame as accurately as I can. The vast majority of people that contact me still opt to order after learning it'll take that long, so perhaps some folks get it. I build my orders in the order that they're placed to be fair, don't take money up front, and I take my time to put out the best darn calls I can. I work very hard to forge great relationships with my customers and build them something special. Again, no apologies. It is what is is. Given my order backlog, I don't post/push my calls on the forums one bit, I don't take out ads, I don't go out seeking orders. Trust me, I'd love to get caught up.

The beauty of the free market is that you have choices....Other custom makers, commercially produced calls like Buck Gardner, Duck Commander, etc. They won't make you wait and their calls will kill ducks just as good as mine. :thumbsup:
Aaron Wingert
awingert
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Aaron, well said. Id share a duck blind and a cup of thermos bottle coffee with you any time.

BTW you do have your priorities correctly in line and I cant wait till teal season to try the whistle

G Mc from Wichita
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 am

Let me know when someone can take such a simple whistle and design and do as much as Aaron has done. It is crazy to think a "whistle" has over a year wait. After buying multiple from Aaron he has my business for life. There are only maybe 2 other makers that I would wait that long for and one of them is Stump. Craftsmanship and customer service go a long way in this crappy world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txhunter90
hunter

Postby wiquackaddict » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Supporting a copycat who doesn't have the skill or integrity to develop their own product doesn't say much for you're own integrity. To call out 2 of the best call makers (Aaron and Stump) in the country is well a STUPID move. And we all know you can't fix stupid.
wiquackaddict
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Aaron's calls are completely worth the wait. Hell... after I just had two built for me I went right back on the wait list for another year. Hands down the best service I have ever had for any type of purchase. I firmly believe that Aaron wouldn't lose ANY business from some copycat.
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 pm

ImageImage
On a brighter note just picked up a sapwood whistle ;)
txhunter90
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum