difference between calls from RNT and MPW

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Postby charlie1234 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:01 am

I noticed that its slightly more expensive to order a duck call straight from the RNT shop than to get the same call from macks prairie wings, bass pro or wherever. Wonderin if thers any advantage in ordering calls from RNT factory direct; is it tuned better than the calls that get mass produced and shipped to retail stores? :huh:
charlie1234
Newb

Re: difference between calls from RNT and MPW

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Might be that they ship via UPS, or that the stores drop prices $5-10 under RNT to give a reason to buy from the store and not the dealer since they are such a well known dealer
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:19 pm

This is true for a lot of different products/stores--lots of times it's cheaper to buy from a store rather than directly from companies' websites.
MNGunner
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Wouldn't be fair to dealers if the shop discounted below their msrp. But the advantages of ordering directly from the shop would be that someone competent will run their calls for you and tune the one you choose to suit your preferences.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby charlie1234 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Now that I think about it I ordered one before last season sometime in the late summer but they were so backed up with orders that I barely got the call before opening day. So maybe they make it a few bucks extra to get one factory direct just so they can cut down on orders, assuming they have to fill mass orders from Cabelas and Bass pro in addition to personal orders. It doesnt really matter either way, its in the past and we move on from these things; I was just tryin to remember why I paid $5 extra.
charlie1234
Newb

Postby Lemonhead » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 am

Doesn't really make alot of sense to order from the company and pay more especially when a lot of these big stores have discounts sometimes or run sales on the calls unlike the shop.
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:52 am

Same calls

Some people simply like to go straight to the call company and enjoy the personal experience they get. Makes buying the call an adventure. Also some call the shop and request special tuning as well.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Pleases me to know the makers are enjoying what would have been the retailer's profit, too.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby singingwhodat » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 pm

I'll give you the reason that I ordered straight from RNT recently. I originally ordered a RNT Original in Smoke acrylic from MPW. I opened that package and noticed that there was a scratch on the barrel and the band looked really bad, like someone had it in their pocket with a pocket full of change. I contacted MPW and told them that I would like a replacement because it was supposed to be new. I understand that they most probably have some of them on display but the condition was unacceptable. I waited a few days to receive a return package slip from them. I received it and a few days after shipping it back to MPW I called and asked for a refund rather than a replacement. Maybe I am impatient but maybe it just seemed like too long of a turn around. I called RNT and had a perfect conditioned call on the doorstep within 2 days. In the future I will probably just pay the few extra dollars to get what I paid for. I know the scratches do not effect the performance, but I paid over a $100 to abuse it and put my own scratches! LOL I am not knocking MPW, their customer service was great and they refunded my money very quickly. I just wanted to give my reasoning for ordering directly from RNT. I have always heard good things about MPW, guess I had a bad experience. I'll try them for other items. in the future but not for duck calls :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by singingwhodat on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
singingwhodat
hunter

Postby Podcast » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 am

RNT must support the retailers that but from them. It's there sales and advertising that runs the business. They would likely not have become as big as they are without that support from those retail outlets. It's pure exposure fer them on a massive scale they could otherwise not attain on their own.
BlackDeath5500 wrote:
"Telling someone to get run over by a train...is a very simple, straight forward question that anyone who is new to the area would ask."
Podcast
hunter

Postby Hugatree » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Don't over think buying a duck call. Either way, you will be taken care of. It might take longer from Mack's if you need service since they would have to go back through RNT. They are next door to each other and like family.
Super Elite Cubic Zirconia Geritol Pro Staff
Hugatree
hunter

Postby CFDMatador » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 am

Calls are more expensive at RNT because they do not want to compete with their suppliers especially Mack's since it is so close. I live near by and typically buy my calls in person vs through the mail. The first time I went to RNT Butch helped me find the call I liked then said walk over to Mack's and support our suppliers and save 5.00. I took his advice and returned to RNT with my new call and Butch tuned it for me and gave me a lesson. Bottom line is, same calls 100% they just do not want to compete with their suppliers.

If you have questions about a call An option would be to call the shop while researching then order at Mack's.
CFDMatador
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum