Which lares???

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Which lares???

Postby Lawelch » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 am

Which lares is most consistent and can get up and down?? Looking to getting 1 just can't decide between the models! What are the main differences between the models??
Lawelch
hunter

Re: Which lares???

Postby tsaylor1979 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:05 pm

The A-5 is a loud open water call.
The T-1 has a better bottom end but still has lots of volume.
The Hybrid is the best of both worlds. I find it to be the best call in the lineup. However the hybrid and the t-1 are very similar.

Any one of these three calls can bring in the ducks.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:25 pm

T1
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby ffmcfaull » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:06 pm

T-1 hands down. Gets low and is way louder then you will ever need
Watching one sunrise at a time
ffmcfaull
hunter

Postby rank duck » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:26 am

I'd like to hear more on this topic.

I've been wanting a Lares for some time and just bought a T-1 off the DHC classifieds (thanks WiHonker). I've only tried it once this morning in the backyard and so far I'm impressed but I'll let the neighbors sleep a little longer before I get down on it.

I thought the hybrid was the one I wanted, but then read a lot of great comments on the T-1 and this one came up for sale.

Sounds like you can't go wrong with a Lares, but would like to hear more opinions on which is "best" and why.
Thanks.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:05 am

rank duck wrote:I'd like to hear more on this topic.

I've been wanting a Lares for some time and just bought a T-1 off the DHC classifieds (thanks WiHonker). I've only tried it once this morning in the backyard and so far I'm impressed but I'll let the neighbors sleep a little longer before I get down on it.

I thought the hybrid was the one I wanted, but then read a lot of great comments on the T-1 and this one came up for sale.

Sounds like you can't go wrong with a Lares, but would like to hear more opinions on which is "best" and why.
Thanks.

I've never tried a t1 but I like the A5 better than the hybrid. I just got the Hybrid so that may change as I run it more, but as of right now I can actually get down lower and quieter with the A5. The A5 is very raspy and has kind of a nasaly sound. The Hybrid is crazy raspy. My hybrid has a bigger bore than my A5 and is actually louder at regular calling volume, but if I really crank on the two of them, the A5 will keep going after the hybrid has squealed out.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby redleggs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:42 am

I have a t1 sb , t1 and a hybrid. Have never run the a5. All three of the smaller calls will meet any of your needs in any situation in this neck of the woods. The t1 smb is the quietest and easiest blowing but has less top end- an excellent finishing call. The t1 reg bore can do it all. This is the call Bret Crowe blew in the worlds. The hybrid is a little more nasty and nasaly with more top end thdnd the t1. That is based on 45 years calling experience on private clubs and public ground here in Illinois. I can say this, Lares calls are hands down the best and most consistent sounding single reed calls I've ever encountered. And I've encountered most of them out there. Up until recently I was a dedicated double reed guy. These calls allow better sound and volume at endless top to bottom range. This is due to their idiot proof design. Once you get the clear air down you can master them quickly. They are every penny worth it IMHO.
If I were starting out with just one it would be the t1. The key is to get both a straight and do geared reed assortment from 1.330 to 1.375 and find out which one suits you best. Each person will be different.
redleggs
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum