Rnt Timbre

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Rnt Timbre

Postby mudjunky1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Looking for some opinions on RNT Timbre. Also, what I can expect to pay for an acrylic RNT Timbre? I'm thinking about trying to find one, but want to have an idea of what the typically go for. I know it's probably up and down. I'm just trying to get an idea. Thanks guys!
mudjunky1
hunter

Re: Rnt Timbre

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:41 am

For $20-some bucks you can get a new polycarbonate RNT Quackhead Timber that will run and sound very much the same as the Timbre it was molded from and decide for yourself. Then if you're tickled with it, you can start looking for bargains on a used acrylic Timbre that will probably be just a bit crisper sounding.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:04 am

Rick Hall wrote:For $20-some bucks you can get a new polycarbonate RNT Quackhead Timber that will run and sound very much the same as the Timbre it was molded from and decide for yourself. Then if you're tickled with it, you can start looking for bargains on a used acrylic Timbre that will probably be just a bit crisper sounding.

^^^^ This
Ive seen acrylics go from anywhere from $100-$250,juice colored acrylic go for considerably more.
Get on facebook and there are quite a few trader/seller pages were guys have ten-fifteen of them hoarded and setting on shelves that they might part with one.
But as Rick mentioned you can save yourself a stack of money going with a poly version.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby mudjunky1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:00 am

ColoradoGooser wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:For $20-some bucks you can get a new polycarbonate RNT Quackhead Timber that will run and sound very much the same as the Timbre it was molded from and decide for yourself. Then if you're tickled with it, you can start looking for bargains on a used acrylic Timbre that will probably be just a bit crisper sounding.

^^^^ This
Ive seen acrylics go from anywhere from $100-$250,juice colored acrylic go for considerably more.
Get on facebook and there are quite a few trader/seller pages were guys have ten-fifteen of them hoarded and setting on shelves that they might part with one.
But as Rick mentioned you can save yourself a stack of money going with a poly version.

I'm on about 5 of them on FB. Lol I see them come up every now and then, but the prices seem to be up and down. I have also been checking Ebay every few days. I still have not fully decided to pull the trigger on one yet.
mudjunky1
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Timbre in clear/bourbon just popped up on duck call exchange on FB
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:35 pm

The timbre was one of my favorite RNT calls ever. I paired it with an old style DC before they we're known as old style DCs. I remember when you couldn't hardly give a timbre away on the forums. People hated them because of their inherent lack of range and volume, but they sounded like a duck to me so I loved mine...it was hedge. Now since they quit making them they go for stupid prices. Figures
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby mudjunky1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 pm

I saw the one on FB. Just not sure yet if i want to drop that kinda doe on one yet maybe prices will come down later on. Lol
mudjunky1
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 pm

mudjunky1 wrote:I saw the one on FB. Just not sure yet if i want to drop that kinda doe on one yet maybe prices will come down later on. Lol

Don't hold your breath. :lol3:
Good luck to you!

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:27 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:
mudjunky1 wrote:I saw the one on FB. Just not sure yet if i want to drop that kinda doe on one yet maybe prices will come down later on. Lol

Don't hold your breath. :lol3:
Good luck to you!

Prices are down now

Compared to 1.5 Months ago :hammer:
catdiesel15
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum