Duck Calling Workshop in So Cal - August 16th 2014

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Duck Calling Workshop in So Cal - August 16th 2014

Postby jwcbf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 am

Duck Calling Workshop in So Cal

Saturday, August 16th - 8 am to 4pm at Raahauge’s Shooting Enterprises
Cost: $90 Dollars

Troy will bring an assortment of calls at various prices for sell

In order to ensure enough one-on-one instruction there is a 20 person limit First come first serve – No walk-ins – Lunch provided

Your Instructor: Troy Taylor has been making calls that have been used by guides and competition callers alike. Troy’s Calls have won the Grand National Call Makers Contest in 2002 and 2005. In 2014, Troy was awarded Champion of Champions and several other awards (see picture above). Troy Taylor himself won the Washington State Calling Championship in 2000 and in 2004, his calls have won the Washington State Contest 5 years in a row, along with other contests around the country.
You will learn: The physics of duck calls, how they work, how and when to tune a call. Everyone from novices to experts will learn from this class, practicing a variety of simple exercises and drills. Learning how to "talk" to ducks will be demonstrated, along with information and tips on duck calling competitions. THIS IS A HANDS ON WORKSHOP.
Types of calls in use-Plastic reed-Arkansas Style-Metal reed calls of Tennessee-The physiology of calls and the caller-Call construction and parts-Why a call works or doesn't work-What is required to make it play-The physics of call operation-The physics of the call and the caller and how they must balance each other
How to control pressure and air stream velocity-proper lip, tongue, and finger positions-Correct breathing techniques-How to produce hi-hard, clean, and crisp notes-Imitating the feeding chuckle-Cleaning and adjusting your call-Call tuning-Plus much more.
What to bring: You are encouraged to bring: sharp scissors, razor knife, a note book to take your notes, and your favorite call. Note, the tuning and reed cutting sections are for a single reed call.
Secure your spot ASAP by contacting John Fithian before sending in your money.
A 50.00 deposit is required to hold your spot.
Event questions should be directed to John Fithian email jwfithian@gmail.com or call (818) 720-1364
Duck Calling Workshop
Saturday - August 16th, 2014

Send Entries to:
John Fithian
647 N. Frederic st.
Burbank CA 91505
Make Checks payable to Troy Taylor
Event questions should be directed to John Fithian email jwfithian@gmail.com or call (818) 720-1364
Event Location Information
jwcbf
hunter

Re: Duck Calling Workshop in So Cal - August 16th 2014

Postby KyMike » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:10 am

That workshop looks very interesting. Any chance you will tape it and put it on your site or YouTube?
KyMike
hunter

Postby jwcbf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:25 am

KyMike wrote:That workshop looks very interesting. Any chance you will tape it and put it on your site or YouTube?

No, the workshop will not be put on youtube.

For several reasons including, the best part of the workshop is having realtime feedback from a very experienced teacher hearing you in person…. A lot is copy righted just like other call programs…. I would not want to upload eight hours onto youtube.

A few of his former students have blown in the worlds championship… One placed third… another is the current Senior Champ.

JW
jwcbf
hunter

Postby KyMike » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 pm

I'd say so. Missed the 8am-4 pm. Good luck. Wish it was closer.
KyMike
hunter

Postby Quacksalot » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:47 pm

The seminar is well worth the money and travel.Troy's classes have information that will help callers from all levels.I've done it twice and look forward to attending another!
Quacksalot
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:51 pm

man i really need this workshop bad. but seeing how it's not my B-day nor fathers day i am chit out of luck. looks like i am priced out. :crying: it would be neat if there was a revised version say 4 or 5 hours for like 50$. that i could make happen. oh don't get me wrong i am sure it's worth every penny.
garlicsalt
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum