Mack's RNT Limited Edition Full Scroll Old Style D.C.

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Mack's RNT Limited Edition Full Scroll Old Style D.C.

Postby callinfowl » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mack's RNT Limited Edition Full Scroll Old Style Daisy Cutter Duck Call With The Old Tone Board !!!!!!!

Here is a picture of one from Mack's website.
http://www.mackspw.com/ItemReview--i-RNT506

Alright they made 250 of these, the catalogue just went out a few days ago and they are already sold out at $150.

I'm calling B.S. on this one, if you advertise your sell'in a product you can't tell me these calls sold out in 3 days.

Who got one ?
Who heard of the sale before the catalogue went out ?

I think this whole deal is pretty chicken siht* on both Mack's and RNT for pre selling a call that was advertised for sale just a few days ago !!!

Austin the guy who works the counter at Mack's said they never even heard of the calls and they never had any in stock.
He put me in touch with the sales manager who said they were sold before they ever got them.

I'm done buying from both RNT and Mack's for good.

Stump's has my business from now on !
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Re: Mack's RNT Limited Edition Full Scroll Old Style D.C.

Postby DarenDeath » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

callinfowl wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mack's RNT Limited Edition Full Scroll Old Style Daisy Cutter Duck Call With The Old Tone Board !!!!!!!

Alright they made 250 of these, the catalogue just went out a few days ago and they are already sold out at $150.

I'm calling B.S. on this one, if you advertise your sell'in a product you can't tell me these calls sold out in 3 days.

Who got one ?

You've got to be ON it these days with www broadband to your mind.
I saw it online and pre-ordered one of these and the limited DS.
I'll give ya a good deal... :tongue:
callinfowl wrote:I'm done buying from both RNT and Mack's for good.

Thats a great plan! I've got the same thing in mind. :beer:
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm

DarenDeath wrote:
callinfowl wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who got one ?

Where and when did you see it , and who did you order it from ?
Because the the guy that was the self proclaimed sales Manager at Mack's told me he never heard of this call until I pointed it out to him. :huh:

callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby DarenDeath » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 pm

On the MPW website, "preorder".
I just saw the "old style" is not there anymore. The limited DS is though.
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby Seminole39 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 pm

man those calls have been sold out for like 3 weeks now. whoever you talked to was right though, those 250 lasted about 3 days
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss.
Seminole39
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Meh.
Yeah nothing says OSDC like mallard green acrylic filled in with black,and black filled in with green,and the worst of it is, it's sporting the overly exaggerated rolled lip new style barrel.And then you have that wedding ring inspired band which just screams OSDC!
Give me a :censored: ing break!
RNT has really been grabbing at straws with these last couple supposed special runs.
Classifieds will be full of them once the newness rubs off.$500-$450 to start and eventually after many bumps, selling for around what they are really worth $139 tops.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby CanMan31 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 am

Have any of you guys seen the limited 3 call set Cabelas came out with? I have been on both sites daily since the middle of June and never saw the OSDC or Limited 25/25 call set, only the limited DS on Mack's. Just curious as to how I missed it?!?
CanMan31
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 am

Didn't they make a batch mid July also?
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 am

callinfowl wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:

Who got one ?

Because the the guy that was the self proclaimed sales Manager at Mack's told me he never heard of this call until I pointed it out to him. :huh:

A friend told me about it them, then the next day my Mack's catalog showed up with it in there.
I called to find about them for him and they were all gone.
The guy at Mack's said he never heard of them , but they were sold out. :huh:
I won't buy a RNT from JS I don't care for his business practices.

callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:46 am

callinfowl wrote:
callinfowl wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:

Who got one ?

A friend told me about it them, then the next day my Mack's catalog showed up with it in there.

Mack's put it on their site for pre order and they sold out. What's the big deal? You should be mad at Mack's before RNT. RNT didn't force them to put it on their site
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am

i am sorry but you collector types need more than the 12 steps that duckaholics has to offer. just saying. good luck
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
callinfowl wrote:
callinfowl wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:

Who got one ?

Mack's put it on their site for pre order and they sold out. What's the big deal? You should be mad at Mack's before RNT. RNT didn't force them to put it on their site

Trevor I'm not mad at all............I just think it is chicken shti* that someone at RNT leaked the info on FB before mack's had a chance to get the calls in store..... that is why they started a preorder sale, from what I was told.
I was also told that this call is not a remapped osdc.....it is set up "LIKE" an old style DC.
It's the new tone board tweaked to get as close as they can to the OSDC. :yes:
This whole new RNT special addition BS is retarded.
Build the call people want and be done with it.............why would RNT sit back and watch guys pay ridiculously over priced used calls , when they could remap ah few calls and make that money themselves.
People want the osdc's and the ossb's and the osmvp's what does that say about there current line up ?
It's bad business to not give their customers what they want..........RNT has lost so many old customers over this practice.
Guys like me that are done buying calls from JS.........if I want an RNT I'll buy one used so JS doesn't see a penny from me.
But in all honesty Stumps new GD sounds better than my old DC .....it replaced a call that had been on my lanyard for 10 years.
I can wait to get the CWF into my hands...........I like a loud raunchy call for clear high pressure days. :yes:
You know most guys can't run these calls to their full potential ....including myself.............but I can run them good enough to trick birds and know what sound I am looking for.

callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Somebody leaked the info? How would that force them to do a pre sale? Sounds like a chicken crap answer from them to me. They probably decided to do a presale and are trying to avoid backlash by people who didn't know about it.

As far as the old calls go. The minority wants them, the majority of guys wants the new style. I'm in the minority wanting the old DCs and SBs back, but the newest MVPs are the best to come out of those machines IMO. All the duck of the old ones, but much louder
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:As far as the old calls go. The minority wants them, the majority of guys wants the new style. I'm in the minority wanting the old DCs and SBs back, but the newest MVPs are the best to come out of those machines IMO. All the duck of the old ones, but much louder

Definitely.

callinfowl wrote:But in all honesty Stumps new GD sounds better than my old DC .....it replaced a call that had been on my lanyard for 10 years.
I can't wait to get the CWF into my hands....

I definitely agree here to. But don't go telling everybody on the insestnet.
I don't want the RM factory to shut down new orders again. :hammer:
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 pm

They just put it up on the site before the catalog got sent out. Some of these collecting dudes seen it on Macks the day it was put up and then it went all over the collecting FB sites. I missed out too but got the Daisy Slayer limited Edition
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 am

From what I understand RNT had nothing to do with the OSDC being posted before the catalog went out, that was MPW's choice and some Joe guy on Facebook was the one who shared the info on the box set from Cabelas being available. There are some people who probably called the big sporting good stores every day after they found out there was a box set coming out. If you wanna collect RNTs you gotta be sharp these days
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby Nbessonette » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Edited by STUMP.....you know thats a no no right there boss!!!! And your first post at that....brilliant
Nbessonette
Newb

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:52 am

ColoradoGooser wrote:Meh.
Yeah nothing says OSDC like mallard green acrylic filled in with black,and black filled in with green,and the worst of it is, it's sporting the overly exaggerated rolled lip new style barrel.And then you have that wedding ring inspired band which just screams OSDC!
Give me a :censored: ing break!
RNT has really been grabbing at straws with these last couple supposed special runs.
Classifieds will be full of them once the newness rubs off.$500-$450 to start and eventually after many bumps, selling for around what they are really worth $139 tops.

First one hit eBay for $400 or buy it now for $750. This is what the world of collecting has come too! Count me out of this crap. These young kids can have blowing their parents money.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Full Force Five » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 am

On principal I will never buy one.

It seems like they were never really available to the general public. I can't believe they sold out in hours or whatever. The OSDC run that RNT did for Cabelas took a few weeks to sell out and that was only 150. And it was a much cooler call. I hope the dudes that picked up 8 looking to make a profit get stuck with them. Just saying.
I knew this would happen.
Full Force Five
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:27 am

The soundfile on RNT's facebook page left me wondering if it was really the old style toneboard. But they're worth whatever folks will pay whether the rest of us think it's a hoot or not.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am

Rick Hall wrote:The soundfile on RNT's facebook page left me wondering if it was really the old style toneboard. But they're worth whatever folks will pay whether the rest of us think it's a hoot or not.

So the Cabelas OSDC said it was the "OSDC" toneboard. The Macks call that everyone bought in a matter of hours said "replica". Well to me that is not the real thing. To me this means they took a new style toneboard and dog eared the reed to death and bam. Raspy as hell. :fingerhead:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Can't wait to see one in the blind so I can talk smack about how it sounds funny and needs ¨pitched¨ and will offer to pitch it for the proud owner.
The stink-eye...will be fierce.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 am

The calls are worth whatever the market dictates. No matter what we may think of them or the fancy aluminum band. Nothing says special edition like using the cheapest component possible. I doubt John could care less about a single individual collector leaving rnt. They're focus is the box stores. They're at the top of the market for call makers and they've earned that spot. Whether we like it or not.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Goose Isle Gunner » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 pm

If these are the new style TB with an old style tune job, bet you could order the same combo w/o being numbered. Just sayin :wink:
Goose Isle Gunner
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:04 am

Goose Isle Gunner wrote:If these are the new style TB with an old style tune job, bet you could order the same combo w/o being numbered. Just sayin :wink:

But then they wouldn't be super secret special.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Next

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum