RNT ducks calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

RNT ducks calls

Postby Mallyard » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:45 pm

Has anyone ever blown an RNT duck call? I'm looking into buying a RNT origial acrilyic. What do you guys think? Thanks,

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:28 pm

As of today, I own three of them:

MVP
Timbre
Daisy Cutter

all three of them are acrylic. I bought the MVP first, and wish that I hadn't. It is too much call for me. The process of trying to master it did make me a MUCH better duck call operator. Since that time I purchased the other two, both of which I absolutely LOVE. The Timbre is quiet and and I can really make that guy squeal. The Daisy Cutter is sort of a medium volume call with a REAL nasty, nasally (sp?) sound.

The original is a great call. If you buy the acrylic it is the same price as all the other calls other than the MVP. You might want to blow several as many have distinct sounds. Go to their website and you can download MP3 files of each call. I'm pretty sure it is John Stephens blowing each call. Awesome site, awesome calls.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Re: RNT ducks calls

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:53 pm

Mallyard wrote:Has anyone ever blown an RNT duck call?

Mallyard,

One other thought...

Christian Curtis, who has been frequenting this site for the last few weeks, is on the RNT Pro Staff. He also was one of the founders of the Timbre calls before joining forces with RNT. If you wanted to get advice on which RNT call to get, I would imagine that he would be just about the best one to get it from. You could also contact Rusty Bulloch or Jim Ronquest at RNT, they would be happy to advise you on purchasing a call. They will even blow them over the phone.

Just thought I would mention that. I don't think most people realize who Christian is. Looks like his guide service is 'kick butt' too. I know his calls (Timbre) are!
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby Christian Curtis » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:15 pm

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about RNT calls. I did design the Timbre about 8 years ago so naturally I think it's the best...hehe. Honestly Rnt makes a call to fit everyone. From the MVP to the Timbre, I'm sure you will find a call to fit your needs. The thing we are most proud of at RNT is our roots...we are all fanatical duck hunters! If we make/sell a product, by gosh we believe in it, we use it. As Steve said, and I appreciate the kind words, if you have any questions just call the shop at 888-rnt-call or give me a call at 573-380-0032. We'll get you taken care of...or as Jimbo says, we'll treat you so many ways, you're bound to like one of them.

Christian
Christian Curtis
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:42 pm

Hey Thanks Curtis.... I'm looking into an Original Cocobola. Looks like the call that will fill my needs most. I might be able to get it for $50... so it'll be good deal..

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby berettaman » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:40 am

I own the original and have sero complaints....i love the sound of it and it seems most birds in my freezer must have liked it at one point. :mrgreen:
berettaman
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum