Duck Whistle

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Duck Whistle

Postby Fredito » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:11 pm

Got a call that came with a duck whistle...oh boy...anyways...how do you guys use your duck whistles??? Thanks
Fredito
hunter

Postby whitefeather » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:50 pm

When our birds get call shy I like to finish with a mallard drake grunt that can be performed on the whistle. Read the directions on the call packaging to imitate this sound.
whitefeather
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:31 pm

We use a whistle call all the time. Good on teal to finish them off. Widgeon flock to it when you use the who wee who. I have a duck commander and the mallard drake sounds awesome. But southeast Ne is a different place to duck hunt. :salude: :salude: :salude:
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:26 am

i love using the whistle. Widgeon respond very well to it and I find that a drake mallard whistle can pull in decoy/call shy mallards that want to work in, but won't commit.

I won't leave home without mine.

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:50 am

Love my whistle as well...teal, widgeon, and pintails all love a whistle, and, will hit the brakes for a 2 or 3 note series....Peeep...Peeeep...Peeeep. When a loner drake is circling and grunting....give it back too em...Make a "voot" sound into the whistle in a 2 or 3 note series...Vooot...Voooot...Voooot :yes: :yes: :yes: Y'all have a nice day!!! :thumbsup:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby texan68 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:32 pm

I use my whistle a lot when hunting the bay. Those pintails are very weary birds.....do a pintail whistle in that thing and they come right in. I've tried the drake mallard call, but have found it doesn't work all that well. Then there is the widgeon, teal, woodduck sandhill, bobwhite, and the redtail hawk....not sure what the last 2 are for :tounge:
texan68
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:01 pm

You can use the quail call to locate quail. The hawk call is used when you get some quail up and see them land you can blow it and they will more than likley stay put when they land. :salude: :salude: :salude:
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum