call prices ?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

call prices ?

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:23 pm

Hey guys, i have been looking for a new call. I have one that i like, but i have been looking for it in acrylic. I don't want to mention any names of the companies, because i don't want admin2 to hit me with that big ol hammer that he swings.

In a certain magazine that i get and on the same companies web site, the call is $90. On the call makers website, i found this same call for $120. :eek: I was very surprised in the difference in pricing for the exact same call.

Also another call from the same company that i am interested in has a huge price dif.

in the magazine and the online catalog the call is $99. For the same call on the call makers site it is listed for $149.

I found this last night, and checked and rechecked the prices thinking that i had something wrong. Before posting this i checked again as to try an not make a huge mistake and have you guys all laugh at me. :mrgreen:

I don't really know what i am gaining from posting this topic, but i guess i just wanted to make you guys aware of prices on things. This is a time of year that all of us with the sickness start spending our hard earned dollars on our wish lists. I just don't want anyone to spend more than they should.

word to Yo Sista! :mrgreen:

josh
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:43 pm

ACE - what calls you looking at? I doubt anyone will get uptight over you mentioning them. This entire forum topic is nothing but people bragging about their favorite calls....one more won't matter much. lol.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:01 pm

i revealed the call in my last sentence. It was the Primo's YO SISTA call. Macks has it in acrylic for 90 and primo's site has it for 120.

the contender is the other call. that has a $50 dollar dif.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Bret » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:56 am

It sounds to me like they are trying to strongly incourage you to buy from a retailer rather than direct from the call maker. That could be for many reasons.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:04 pm

the Buck Gardner polys are $24.95 on his website, but I found them at a store here in town for $16.95.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:23 pm

Ace,

I just sold an acylic fusion yo sista call to a guy on here for $25. I also like the Yo sista call, check out the fusion calls, you can get them new for $60 or cheaper.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:08 pm

I like the fusion also, but thinking about getting my first acrylic. I don't mind the $90 that much, it is much cheeper than most other acrylics, it is just a huge price difference.

Bret, i know you don't have an answer for this. If the manufacturers (primo's) doesn't want you to buy direct from them, then why in the heck even show a price for them. They should just give you a local retailer search feature.

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby gsphunter » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:14 pm

The reason, is that the price on the primo's website is the msrp. These prices are always higher than what they are in retail. Are you sure that you can actually buy the call direct from primos? Like I said, this price is probably an MSRP.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:12 pm

gsphunter wrote:The reason, is that the price on the primo's website is the msrp. These prices are always higher than what they are in retail. Are you sure that you can actually buy the call direct from primos? Like I said, this price is probably an MSRP.

Chances are, you can't buy direct. Thats why they have a MSRP...but the store will undercut that almost every time.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum