Duck Hunting Forum banner

Red leg calls

1K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  CaptainLyter 
#1 ·
Does any one else have any calls from red leg? I got there live duck and back water call and can't figure out why there's no reviews or anything on them. The calls are incredible, the live duck is a do all call, reminds me a lot of echo pure meat except the low end whine on this call leaves the echo face down in the dirt, it's got a bigger bossier every so slightly raspier duck on top takes very little air. Very crisp clean duck on the top, extremely whiny but not muddy or "snotty". I don't know if I describe this right but it has a lot of hold, with just the right amount of back pressure maybe? I can run a cut feed and a rolling feed on this way smoother easier faster then any other call I own with as much hold as this. And the whine is just the **** on both the live duck and backwater. The backwater does have a touch more hold I feel with a more back pressure, it's also a little louder then most other timber calls I've tried which is not that many, I do own every single reed echo, couple gaston, couple field provens, a watkins, couple wing locks, a gk, maybe a few others I've tried and sold a few rnts, so not a massive collection for me, but these are hands down my favorite
left everyother call I own in the dust.

#7 ·
Fowlfello said:
Ahhhh do tell me NEAduck do they come across cheap because they lack exotic mandarin characters? Maybe they should've consulted Chad before sending the calls off to the engraver...
Don't get heated. Was not trying to offend you because you're on their pro staff......But that's totally my opinion. I don't like their design(looks like an Echo clone), Their logo with the duck looks ok, but the RedLeg Waterfowl makes them look like a walmart brand IMO.

You're also asking about a product, that the market is extremely saturated at the moment. There's a million call brands these days. It takes something special to have a niche in this market.

As far as the Belding guy goes, I still don't see anything wrong with him. His show isn't bad, always seems to have kids or females on there introducing them to the sport, and also was a D1 baseball player. People get annoyed at him because of his 'new age" style, but that is what hunting has come to these days. Marketing Marketing Marketing and the younger generation can relate to him.

#8 ·
I agree the design of the call is none to original but really how many different ways can you shape a 4 inch piece of plastic short of turning a dildo, if it didn't look like an echo it would look like someone's else's design. I know there's a crap load of new calls and they have to be exeptional to get recognized but that's why I was wondering about these:)

#9 ·
Fowlfello said:
? Of course it is, it prolly cost like 5 bucks to make, but how did you end up in the call section of a duck hunting forum if that strikes you as nuts?
Thread came up in the new post list, I never heard of that brand and thought just maybe there it a call being marketed to sane people.

#10 ·
Fowlfello said:
I agree the design of the call is none to original but really how many different ways can you shape a 4 inch piece of plastic short of turning a dildo, if it didn't look like an echo it would look like someone's else's design. I know there's a crap load of new calls and they have to be exeptional to get recognized but that's why I was wondering about these:)
I agree. Like I said. The market is so saturated at the moment. You have to have a niche. Whether it's an awesome design or great engraving. Gone are the days of the basic call. You have to make something that stands out. To me if you lined the red leg up with 25 other calls, nothing about it stands out.

#11 ·
Uhhhhhh ok I guess if some one was accustomed to buying waterfowl calls advertised as "tactical" lol or sporting fancy foreign writing then these may be a bit of a let down. I still like to actually use a call to make duck related sounds, and generally base my liking or dislike for a call off that, not so much visual appearance or advertising...

#12 ·
Fowlfello said:
Uhhhhhh ok I guess if some one was accustomed to buying waterfowl calls advertised as "tactical" lol or sporting fancy foreign writing then these may be a bit of a let down. I still like to actually use a call to make duck related sounds, and generally base my liking or dislike for a call off that, not so much visual appearance or advertising...
For $2500 I can add a 14K gold mallard inlay and a gold band to you favorite call. You know how cool you will look with that?

#14 ·
Fowlfello said:
Like I said different strokes for different folks. You asked for an opinion on the opening of this thread so I gave mine. The business world is one where not everything is successful, maybe your calls will be, but there's a million different brands out there and I don't see what makes these special. ALL duck calls sound like a duck. So if you charge 130+ for a call when you can buy an RNT, Hobo, Echo, ect for 130, you tell me what people are going to buy?

#15 ·
to me the sound file was special, there's a million call brands not many of them have a sound file that good sure the big names do but a lot of the more obsolete brands aren't able to post up a video of there calls performing like that. Thus the reason I asked why there's no reviews, and Iam not gonna name brands but there's quite a few smaller call makers here that really blew up and were reall popular that just aren't capable of performing at that higher advanced level.

#16 ·
If you are selling/reping these calls. Your opinion does not really matter. The opinion of the people in your target market does. You may think your calls are special and the soundfile made is the best ever. But if your potential customers don't think the way you do, then it may be time to make a change. Arguing with potential customers online does no good and all it does is give the company you are representing a bad name. I hope you do well with the calls.

#19 ·
I have been watching this thread closely and I guess it's time that I share my input. I can promise you that he's not a red leg rep. How do I know? Well on the thread below he asked about the red leg calls and I actually was waiting on my order. I got them told him I really liked them and gave him a discount code. I am not affiliated with red leg whatsoever. One of my ex teammates is on their field staff and recommended them to me. Personally I like the calls. As stated before its just like anything else, personal preference. When the ducks are over head it doesn't matter what call you have or prefer as long as the one on your mouth can make the right sound. I must say that I find it rather perplexing that someone who has never blown the call would be so against them to post online like someone in this thread. If you don't like them move on. You can't even give a review bc all you have seen is a picture on a screen

#20 ·
Fowlfello said:
And NEAduck isn't a potential costumer I think he's settled on Banded calls lol
Do people actually get offended when you try to make a joke about what brands they like? Or is it just that lame. I actually use a lot of brands. RNT mostly.

I apologize that my opinion on what looks like a decent call to me isn't the same style you like. I'm sure this hurts your ego badly, but guess what. They all go quack. Some are louder some aren't, but there isn't that much difference. Have fun on their pro staff.

#24 ·
Believe whatever you'd like. I've got much better things to do with my life than lie on an Internet forum lol. If you need more proof. That teammate I mentioned that's the person actually affiliated with them, his name is Cameron. Check out their field staff he's on there. Maybe that's enough fact for you to believe what I'm saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.