Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck commander question

388 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  asmythe32 
#1 ·
I just bought the baptizer call which is now the shadow I believe. Doesn't sound bad but seems like the wedge is way longer than normal. Only about an inch of reed showing. Is this normal? I am trying to find out before I start messing with it. And yes I know it's a duck commander I'm a cheap ass and got tired of spending $80+ on calls. Thank you in advance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Got tired of spend $80 on a call????? So are you saying those calls you bought were no good? What calls are we referring to here?

STUMP

#4 ·
I mainly use Ducklander Calls. And yes they sound fantastic. But I don't have the money to spend big bucks on calls. And at some point my wife would have my head for it. So I figure I will give a few cheapos a shot and,see how they do. I still have my good calls but just doing a little experiment to see if cheapos will work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Man, if you want to go cheap for a mallard call, I wouldn't go Duck Commander, but that's just my suggestion. I'm not saying they can't sound decent, but they are SO inconsistent. If you were able to try about 30 and pick a decent sounding one, you may be content, but I feel like you will wind up disappointed. There are cheap calls out there that are better sounding and more consistent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.