New Favorite Call.

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

New Favorite Call.

Postby quackkiller » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:54 pm

The big brown truck showed up today with my new call. :getdown: It's a mallard green RNT Original. I love this call. It has taken over as one of my new favorites. I was gonna use my Mainstreet to blow in my first contest, but now that I've got this it's a tough choice. I was bored so I thought I'd show off my new call. :mrgreen: :salude:

quackkiller
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:11 am

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:42 am

I like it. Like the window decorations too. Someone should start a thread to show off truck window "decorations".
:getdown:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby blake7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 pm

What do you like about this call? i got one last christmas and it just dident sound right to me! now i love rnt and i hav many more of there calls but the original just dident do fti for me! not aways the call, i guess sometimes its the caller! nice looking call though!
CUTT THEM JACKS!!!! - Phil Robertson
blake7
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:25 pm

for sure...not all calls fit all people. i've blown calls that i just hated, but they were top quality calls with good repuatations. it's just how they fit ya.

i'm sure you'll be happy with your RNT. i had a short barrel that was alone on my lanyard for a loooong time.

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:35 pm

I just like it because it's a very versatile call. Great open water/field call. Everyone blows a call different and also no two calls will sound the same. example: I bought a new MVP last week, but I blew 5 different ones before I found one that fit me. I squealed out the first four I tried because they were all tuned a bit light, but on the fifth one I didn't squeal it and it felt perfect so I got it.(A little advice from Jimbo also helped influence me)

I do have to admit though that the Daisy Cutter is still my favorite hunting call. Just flat out nasty and can reach out and touch em when needed. Love the MVP though, when I get the marbles to step on stage it's what I'll be blowin'. :salude:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby blake7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:41 pm

man i feel the same way about my foiles calls those will stick with me no mateer wat! i picked up a smm about 2 weeks ago is is now my deff go to call and a bought a timber rattler today and love it! u cant go wrong with foiles!
CUTT THEM JACKS!!!! - Phil Robertson
blake7
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:28 pm

i do like that Timber Rattler...but i think it is waaaay over priced at 130 dollars.

quack - Jimbo is a helluva individual. he has been the master of ceremonies for the Oregon waterfowl festival for the last 2 years and i hope he continues to do it. there is a guy who knows his ducks. :getdown:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:33 pm

Yeah, Jimbo is a great guy. He made sure the call fit me, and then took the time to help me with some of my routine. It's amazing what all he taught me in so little time.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:53 am

I've never been a fan of RNT. It seems like every time I try one out, I find a reason to not like the call. From the short barrel to the original. I did just buy an Echo Open Water Acrylic and I couldn't ask for more...But to each his own. Its not the call as much as it is the caller and the way you call.
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:41 am

C-N-B - ECHO! now your talkin' :thumbsup: my "new favorite call" is in the mail as we speak. just waiting for the big brown truck to bring me my Echo XLT. (ironically enough..it is also in Mallard Green.) :thumbsup:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:07 am

I wanna try one of those sometime. I hear they are awesome. Here lately my favorite acrylic color has been mallard green. That's what color my MVP is too.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:42 am

i wanted it in black, but they were sold out and back ordered on black...since i wanted it NOW i went ahead and got the green. it is a good color, but black is my favorite. (for acrylics..i really like wood calls better)
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:23 pm

RNT originals are not good beginners calls in my opinion. They are not the easiest call in the world. They require greater voice inflection and air control than some other highend calls. In the right hands, they are nothing short of amazing. It took me a long time to learn how to blow on that call, to get good low end duck out of it. My first original was a love/hate relationship for me. The highend was great, but I could never get low end. It was all me, I had to learn to choak the air down to get real good duck sounds. They are a great call, and I would say probably set the standard for high end calls on the market today. The service is second to none also.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:22 pm

well...the new favorite arrived today. mallard green Echo XLT.

whooooweeeee!! this puppy flat out sings!!!
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum