Sure shot calls. Anyone use them?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker

Sure shot calls. Anyone use them?

Postby Duck hunter86 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone use sure shot calls? I was thinking about trying there blue wing teal call and whistle combo? Any pros or cons?
Duck hunter86
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Sure shot calls. Anyone use them?

Postby Theduckguru » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Duck hunter86 wrote:Anyone use sure shot calls? I was thinking about trying there blue wing teal call and whistle combo? Any pros or cons?

I don't have their teal call, but have used their mallard call for last 30+ years.
Banded Birds - Black Ducks - 6, Mallards 19 (3 Jack Miner) BW Teal - 2, Wood Ducks - 1, 1 Ross and 1 snow Goose (Both reward bands) , Canada Geese - 15 (2 neck collars), Morning Dove - 1.
Theduckguru
hunter

Postby Duck hunter86 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I see a lot of people post they have ccc rnt and echo on here so I wasn't sure people's thoughts on them. I have an old model 500 yentzen that still works good. I did buy the DBack poly echo to try as well.
Last edited by Duck hunter86 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck hunter86
hunter

Postby Chearn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm

My first call ever was the Sure Shot Deluxe Duck call. Still have it and still sounds good. I have a speck, snow, and 7 in 1 whistle from Sure Shot too. I primarily use my Faulks double reed and the whistle now.
Chearn
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 am

Man, that's old school. In an effort to get we guides using them, "Cowboy Jim" hunted with our camp when they introduced their speck call, and one couldn't help but think of the snake oil salesmen of old. Not that he was a bad person (gave a bazillion calls to kids), just so very much the huckster that he insisted on getting $1 for each speck call, instead of just comping them to the guides.

He and I ended at an impasse over that $1, but had some fun doing so, and I enjoyed our meeting.

Fwiw, the only time I met Dud Faulk, he gave me one of his cane "guide calls," not that I could do a whole lot with it. But I've a speck crazed friend, who's owned most, if not, every high dollar speck call out there and knows how to run them, who's gone retro and is doing most of his good with a Faulk SG-49L.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 am

Old school you say ? Even a washboard and spoons sounds good from one that knows how to use them , isn't the name
of the game , if it works for you continue on .....? :thumbsup: :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 am

Sounds like you read "old school" as pejorative. I wouldn't.

Fact is I copied the Faulk speck call's part number off the one I bought to mess with myself. Doubt it will replace either the modified James Meyers or modified Riceland I've used afield the past several years, but the jury's out until the birds are in...
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum