Duck calls, and where can I get them?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Duck calls, and where can I get them?

Postby Ambushem » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:37 pm

I am getting ready for a new season, in new country, and I have no idea what kind of call I should get for these ducks. They are all mainly puddle jumpers here, Pintail, Mallard, Wood, some divers too........what kind of call or calls should I get and where can I get them? Any help would be great........thanks
Ambushem
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:19 am

Whats your budget? If its low you can find most at your local wal-mart.

Mallard - I strongly reccomend any of the Buck Gardner poly calls, they come in double or single. The Mallard Magic is a double and comes with a 6n1 whistle and a great instructional cd.

Pintail - 6n1 Whistle

Woodie - You couldnt find one of these at a Walmart I dont think, but just find a Wood Duck call. Theres sure to be some major outdoor store in your area. I would reccomend a Haydels, because theyve got a really nic one with a diagphram (sp?) that is real easy to blow, but I dont know if youll find them in Montana.
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby Ambushem » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Doesnt really matter how much they cost, I am doing something I love so...lol..........but yeah I have umm, Sheels AllSports, Big Bear, Gator Sports, Shiptons Big R, not sure if any of these are ringin a bell for ya, but there all pretty big outdoor stores, you think they would carry the calls I need though, right? I thought so I just thought that I would check with you folks first. Thanks
Ambushem
hunter

Postby Bret » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:28 pm

You can order them off of the internet or some of the cattalogs...Cabela's, redhead.....

try those avenues.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:35 pm

Ambushem wrote:.but yeah I have umm, Sheels AllSports, Big Bear, Gator Sports, Shiptons Big R, not sure if any of these are ringin a bell for ya, but there all pretty big outdoor stores, you think they would carry the calls I need though, right?

They should be just fine, but if you really wanted to, you could git them online.

Good Luck,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Ambushem » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Thanks folks, just one more question, what do you guys prefer, I am hearing about double reeds, single reeds, short and long....lol.....not quite sure what I should go for, I do alot of calling with hand calls for different game, I just dont know what would be the best way to go?
Ambushem
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:52 pm

Get a double reed. Easier to blow.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby QuackWacker08 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Double Reed - Sure, its easy to blow, but its limited (exception: Buck Gardner Double Nasty XL)

Single Reed - Harder to learn but more range, can do more with them

About the Double Nasty XL, its basically revolutionary. It has the ease and forgiveness of a double but can do anything a single can. Theyre made in a new Spit-Tech design. Which guarantees the call not to stick. You should give it a try.
QuackWacker08
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum