mallard whistle how to?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

mallard whistle how to?

Postby jasonphoto01 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:01 pm

well i havent used a whistle except for teal but my call is suppose to be a 6 in 1 deal. well ive heard a sound bite of the mallard whistle but i cant seem to produce it in my call. i know teal is a simple peep sound but how do you make the mallard call? i heard somewhere about humming into the whistle...??? thanx guys!
jasonphoto01
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:43 pm

if you have ever blown a kazoo..making the drake mallard sound is a similar process.

vocalize "zzzzzzzzt" or "zooooooot" into the call. use a lot of sound and buzz in your voice when you do it.

hope this helps.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby athomeruddy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:21 pm

VTTTTTTTTTTT or any vibrating sound coming through will produce it, just like swamp puppy had said. its a pretty handy sound to get down, especially in the early mornings(not sure why)
athomeruddy
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:04 pm

I never use the whistle I have it down pat with my mouth, wish I can get mallard hen down and Id be set.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:30 pm

Voooot Vooooot Vooooot for a mallard grunt. Put your finger in the end while Peeeeeping, or, wooo weeee woooing for a pintail and widgeons. A simple 3 note Peeep will work for teal and some divers as well :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:16 pm

For the mallard drake I say "weed" in the deepest most throaty voice I can and stick your finger in the end.

Pintail- you kind of roll your tongue while you blow the air and put your finger in the end.

Wigeon- hoooweeehoooo

You can kind of make a wood duck noise by saying - toooooweeeeeeeet
quackkiller
hunter

Postby claycrusher » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:01 pm

i use DWEEK
claycrusher
Newb

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum