who make the best custom call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

who make the best custom call

Postby monty807 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:54 pm

who makes the best custom calls
monty807
Newb

Postby 98ramtough » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:35 am

Man thats like asking whose wife makes the best cookies. Everyone will have a different opinion, go to a store and blow them all, go to some shows and talk to the makers if you can, then make you selection.

One nice thing, is call makers usually have great service and are more than willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:46 am

:withstupid: Good advice 98. :thumbsup:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:12 am

Your question in almost impossible to answer so many great call makers out there.. But I will tell you I make a mean timber call out Big River game call not sure what model it is but it's the wetlands camo. One... But I take the reeds cut the end to a triangle about .75cm from the end and just tune from there... Produce a lot less echo in timber hunting and very low pressure required to blow.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby plainsman » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:58 pm

You'll get opinions, but not facts. Everbody has their own opinion. Personally, I really like Doc calls
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:04 pm

Best advice is to go somewhere and try some. If you cant, give some of the call makers a call at their office. Theyll be glad to blow some for you.
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:07 pm

some of the BEST customs are probably made by people you have never heard of....or at least, don't hear of too often.

I have a Reid Threadgill Custom that is a beautiful call..and very ducky. I won't hunt with it anymore, though i did for about half a season a couple of years ago. it's too nice to take out to the marsh.

Having said that..I have to agree with everyone else. You need to try them out and find out what is best for you to really answer that question.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:52 pm

I'm with 98.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Robberwood » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:40 pm

Personally i love my Taylor Talker but there are a billion different custom calls out there and just do your research and talk to the ones you think you might like!
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby athomeruddy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:41 pm

i agree this is a very hard question, my gotos are all RNTs yet I love Reid Threadgill calls. My next call will be an acrylic single reed ried threadgill. They are a very ducky call and have a huge variation of notes you can hit with it! $90 for an acrylic too! :getdown:
athomeruddy
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum