Winchester Super x2 barrel replacement??

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Winchester Super x2 barrel replacement??

Postby kjm1022 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Does anyone have a Winchester Super X2 barrel for sale?

I need a 26 or 28 inch 3.5 chamber barrel for my gun.

I've been searching the internet with no luck and I'm not forking up $500 for a new barrel, I paid $600 for the gun. :no:

Thanks

Kevin
kjm1022
hunter

Re: Winchester Super x2 barrel replacement??

Postby kjm1022 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 am

Dear Lord, Please let someone has an extra barrel to sell. Amen :help: :lol3:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby waterfowler81 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 pm

What is wrong with yours?
waterfowler81
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 pm

u and me are stuck up the same boat, just found out the other day that they quit making super x 2's and i need a rifled barrel
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 am

waterfowler81 wrote:What is wrong with yours?

I shot it last time out goose hunting and it had snow in the end of the barrel. When I shot, it cracked the choke tube and warped the barrel :mad: .
kjm1022
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 am

Blue_Waffles wrote:u and me are stuck up the same boat, just found out the other day that they quit making super x 2's and i need a rifled barrel

There are lots of rifled barrels for the super x2 with a cantelever for a scope mount :thumbsup: .

Go to www.gunbroker.com, go to shotgun accessories and then to barrels, there is quite a few on there. You shouldnt have a problem finding one.
kjm1022
hunter

Postby Woodyard » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am

kjm1022 wrote:

I shot it last time out goose hunting and it had snow in the end of the barrel. When I shot, it cracked the choke tube and warped the barrel :mad: .

If you don't mind a shorter barrel, you could have it cut off, recrowned and rethreaded by Brilley or someone similar. And be careful of bore obstructions. You or someone else could have been hurt.
2011-12:
Mourning doves 49
Buck antelope 1
Buck mule deer 1
Mallards 97
Wood ducks 3
Greenwing teal 24
Bluewing teal 2
Ring necks 8
Pintails 3
Wigeon 1
Gadwalls 1
Shovelers 2
Redheads 1
Canvasbacks 1
Bands 2
Woodyard
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 am

Woodyard wrote:
kjm1022 wrote:

If you don't mind a shorter barrel, you could have it cut off, recrowned and rethreaded by Brilley or someone similar. And be careful of bore obstructions. You or someone else could have been hurt.

I would have considered that but it was a 24" barrel so I'm not looking to go any shorter. I can get one one from Midwest gun works for around $380 but Im holding out for something cheaper if I can. I'm hoping someone on DHC sees the post and has one for less. If I have to go new I will, I dont need it until spring so I have some time.
kjm1022
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:11 pm

you better jump on the one for $380, That is a great deal. I have seen used ones sell for well over $400 on GB. as for the rifled barrels, I need one for the 3.5" too and they are VERY hard to find. the 3" Versions are everywhere but there were not many of the 3.5" ones made acording the the customer service rep at winchester I talked to.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

kjm1022 wrote:
Blue_Waffles wrote:u and me are stuck up the same boat, just found out the other day that they quit making super x 2's and i need a rifled barrel

There are lots of rifled barrels for the super x2 with a cantelever for a scope mount :thumbsup: .

Go to www.gunbroker.com, go to shotgun accessories and then to barrels, there is quite a few on there. You shouldnt have a problem finding one.

Thank you for the advice man now ive gotta get the money saved up for it

waterfowlhunter wrote:you better jump on the one for $380, That is a great deal. I have seen used ones sell for well over $400 on GB. as for the rifled barrels, I need one for the 3.5" too and they are VERY hard to find. the 3" Versions are everywhere but there were not many of the 3.5" ones made acording the the customer service rep at winchester I talked to.

Thats what my uncle told me as well
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby deltawill » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Kevin, I might be interested in purchasing your 24" barrel? Could you please send some pics? Looking for a shorter barrel or a longer one to cut down for a project. Looking forward to hearing from ya. Will
deltawill
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 am

deltawill wrote:Kevin, I might be interested in purchasing your 24" barrel? Could you please send some pics? Looking for a shorter barrel or a longer one to cut down for a project. Looking forward to hearing from ya. Will

Be carefull cuting off the barrel on these shotguns, The gas system relies on the pressure in the barrel to operate and I have know several people that have cut down barrels on Gas autos to 20" and they then has a single shot. Remington makes short barrels for their autos but they eliminate the gas "bypass" ports so that all the available gas operates the action. :thumbsup:

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ned S » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am

Plug the gas ports and let inertia do the cycling on the short barrels like Rem does. Ned S
Ned Swygard
Ned S
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Ned S wrote:Plug the gas ports and let inertia do the cycling on the short barrels like Rem does. Ned S

:huh:

Remington does not plug the gas ports. they leave off the bypass ports on the short barrels. and if you plug the gas ports on the remington barrel it will NOT cycle at all. same as if they get plugged with carbon or if you blow the "O" ring. there is no inertia operation involved at all. if the gas piston does not push back the bolt will not unlock and the action can not cycle.

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Spiraleyes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 pm

kjm1022 wrote:Does anyone have a Winchester Super X2 barrel for sale?

I've been searching the internet with no luck and I'm not forking up $500 for a new barrel, I paid $600 for the gun. :no:

Thanks

Kevin

You're in luck! I have a black 28" 3.5 inch barrel that I'm selling. As an added bonus, it comes with the rest of the gun! 550 takes it all! :hammer:
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby kjm1022 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 am

Spiraleyes wrote:
kjm1022 wrote:Does anyone have a Winchester Super X2 barrel for sale?

Thanks

Kevin

You're in luck! I have a black 28" 3.5 inch barrel that I'm selling. As an added bonus, it comes with the rest of the gun! 550 takes it all! :hammer:

I've had similar offers, but I'm not looking to pay that much just to replace a barrel. I can buy the gun locally at a few places for $475, $500, $575. If I can replace the barrel for under $300 I'd do it, otherwise I'll just trade it as is and get something new. I might look at a Beretta Al391 Urika 2 if I cant find a barrel at a reasonable price. Thanks for the offer though. :thumbsup:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby j41mac » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Would you want to sell your damaged barrel? I want one I can get at least 22 inches out of.
j41mac
Newb

Postby Quak Atack » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 pm

The barrel from a browning Silver will fit,,,
Quak Atack
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Quak Atack wrote:The barrel from a browning Silver will fit,,,

are you 100% sure it will function properly? the barrels will fit but on mine the bolt lock-up would not engage properly. I had some of each and did a lot of test fitting. I am not saying this is not possible but in my case it would not work PROPERLY.

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BullCajun » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:26 pm

What happened to the barrel that came with the gun? If it cost that much to replace it, don't you think anyone who has one will want and arm and a leg for it. If you only paid $600 for the gun, it was a steal ,and can afford to buy a new barrel. The
SX2 is a great gun, high speed, low drag. If it doesnt have a barrel, then you would still have to spend twice that for a new gun of comparable quality, Buy the new barrel and stop being cheap.
BullCajun
hunter

Postby BullCajun » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:29 pm

By the way, any one who suggest that you plug the gas ports on a gas operated gun is an idiot.
BullCajun
hunter

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Give me a few days to let me decide what I am going to do with my x2... I have both a 28 inch and 24 inch barrel for it but have not decided if I am going to keep the gun or not and if I dont keep the gun you can have your choice..
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby john jr. » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

i have a sx2 rifled barrel with scope mount for sale. like new 300.00 john luckystrike43@aol.com
john jr.
Newb

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum