Problem with the safety catch Benelli Vinci

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Problem with the safety catch Benelli Vinci

Postby YLeblanc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

I clean my Benelli Vinci shotgun the other day following the maintenance manual. However the safety catch remained engaged and I cannot shift the button to the fire position. I bought this gun last summer and it performed very well in numerous field hunts for ducks and Canada geese last fall. I never had any problem with it. I do not know what I did wrong during the cleaning process or the dismantling operation. Has someone had the same problem ? Thanks for your help
YLeblanc
Newb

Re: Problem with the safety catch Benelli Vinci

Postby Jofa » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 pm

YLeblanc wrote:I clean my Benelli Vinci shotgun the other day following the maintenance manual. However the safety catch remained engaged and I cannot shift the button to the fire position. I bought this gun last summer and it performed very well in numerous field hunts for ducks and Canada geese last fall. I never had any problem with it. I do not know what I did wrong during the cleaning process or the dismantling operation. Has someone had the same problem ? Thanks for your help

i just found your post from doing a search about this problem, and i believe this is a pretty common problem w the vinci's. Mine is doing it pretty (stuck in the FIRE position) consistantly and from what i've read online, folks think it is small particles of gun powder etc getting down into the trigger housing. I am going to call Benelli monday morning, but i am also gonna spray the heck out of it w compressed air to see if that clears it up. i dont want to take it apart or mail the whole gun in, so if all else fails, i will bring it to a Benelli gunsmith so as to not void the warranty.
Jofa
hunter

Postby Jofa » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm

just a follow up in case anyone has this same problem,

i field stripped the vinci, and spray cleaned the heck out of the trigger group and lots of gun powder particles came out, but the safety was still stuck in the fire position.

It sounded/felt like something was mis-aligned so i jiggled a few things around without dis :hammer: assembling the trigger group without success.

i then pulled the trigger back somewhat firmly and it seemed to move a little and wah-lah, :grooving: the safety now works!?

Not sure what the deal is, but i am gonna put a call in to Benelli and see what they have to say.
Jofa
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 am

Jofa wrote:just a follow up in case anyone has this same problem,

i field stripped the vinci, and spray cleaned the heck out of the trigger group and lots of gun powder particles came out, but the safety was still stuck in the fire position.

It sounded/felt like something was mis-aligned so i jiggled a few things around without dis :hammer: assembling the trigger group without success.

i then pulled the trigger back somewhat firmly and it seemed to move a little and wah-lah, :grooving: the safety now works!?

Not sure what the deal is, but i am gonna put a call in to Benelli and see what they have to say.

Keep us posted..
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby joe76 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 am

Hi, wondering if anyone got a reply from Benilli about the safety problem with the Vinci as my buddy owns one and it has the same problem. Took it apart and there always seems to be a lot of powder internally and in/around the tigger assembly. Appreciate any updates or solutions.
joe76
Newb

Postby Supernac22 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 pm

My Super Vinci had this same problem. I could take it apart, clean it and free it up. It seemed like it started happening more frequently. After not getting any help from customer service I took it back to where I bought the gun while my safety was stuck in the fire position. They sent it back to Benelli. Their service report said that they had just cleaned it. I keep my guns a lot cleaner than anyone else I shoot with so I am left to question the reliability of the Super Vinci. Currently my Vinci is having another issue. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Being that Benelli has terrible customer service I was hoping that someone on here could help. Occasionally The catch that keeps the shells in the tube will not keep shells from backing out. Seems like the biggest problem is when I have 2 in the tube, one in the chamber and just shoot shell. The second shell feeds fine but the third shell will slide back just far enough that u can't load another shell without taking the shell out of the chamber and basically starting all over with the loading process! That being said I like my SV enough that I'm limping it through the rest of the season, just annoying!
Supernac22
Newb

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum