Stoeger 3500 Cycling Issue

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Re: Stoeger 3500 Cycling Issue

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Oh I know. Same here. It only happens with BCs. How much you asking and what camo pattern? I love mine. It's a horse.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:47 pm

jmill9 wrote:When I say misfire I mean the pin didn't even strike the primer. BCG was not into battery. Anyone interested in it....

Seller is selling a 3000 and not a 3500...
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby maineducker » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:16 am

A little update on my ongoing issues with my 3500. Opening day of early goose the gun stopped firing again and was just giving a light primer strike. I emailed them and asked for the service manager to call which he did. He was extremely nice and said he was sending me a new gun and I had suffered enough with this one for the last 4 years. Finally! So I'll give this new one a go but if I get one light strike, it'll be out the door for something else!
maineducker
hunter

Postby jmill9 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:25 pm

I ditched mine. Ended up going back to a pump. Browning bps has treated me well so far. Hope yours works out for you.
I may be a redneck but I ain't a hilljack.
jmill9
hunter

Postby maineducker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:53 am

jmill9 wrote:I ditched mine. Ended up going back to a pump. Browning bps has treated me well so far. Hope yours works out for you.

I've decided to do the same thing. Selling the new one and will be going back to a pump. I'll be buying a Benelli Supernova this weekend. Just don't trust a Stoeger anymore and will never own one again! I'd like to have a gun I can hand down to my son and that would definitely not happen with the m3500.
maineducker
hunter

Postby rainingmallards » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:24 pm

use a premium shell like Hevimetail
rainingmallards
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:46 am

rainingmallards wrote:use a premium shell like Hevimetail

I certainly wouldn't recommend that advice to anyone.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby maineducker » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 am

lostknife4 wrote:

Lost

I was thinking the same thing about that advice! Didn't matter what shell I was shooting, it had the same issues.
maineducker
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:15 pm

maineducker wrote:
lostknife4 wrote:

Lost

I was thinking the same thing about that advice! Didn't matter what shell I was shooting, it had the same issues.

My recommendation was not about your gun but about Hevi~anything. I'm sure a competent gun smith could make your gun serviceable but the Hevi stuff has no solution to anything IMHO except relieving you of a lot more money................
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Duckwyatt80 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 am

Remoil was giving my inertia guns a fit below 25 degrees. I think it's just too thin and dry at that temperature. I switched all my inertia guns to Hoppes Elite gun oil because it is a bit thicker and stays in place better in colder temps. I had my Old Browning out and it cycled flawlessly this past Saturday and our temp was in the single digits. Also an inertia gun does need a bit more oil than a gas gun IMHO. That's what works for me.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,....
MattW
Duckwyatt80
hunter

Postby Roger Annabel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Honkerblaster wrote:I have seen more problems with stoegers than any other gun in the field, newer Remington's are a close second. Anything that is priced cheaply is done so because of a reason, generally cutting costs on components, quality control, and craftsmanship to be able to offer it for a lower price on the market. No your stoeger isn't "basically a benelli" anymore than my Volkswagen is basically a Bentley.

Butt my Lexus IS basically a Toyota
Roger Annabel
hunter

Postby Duckwyatt80 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Roger Annabel wrote:
Honkerblaster wrote:I have seen more problems with stoegers than any other gun in the field, newer Remington's are a close second. Anything that is priced cheaply is done so because of a reason, generally cutting costs on components, quality control, and craftsmanship to be able to offer it for a lower price on the market. No your stoeger isn't "basically a benelli" anymore than my Volkswagen is basically a Bentley.

Butt my Lexus IS basically a Toyota

:lol: :clapping:
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,....
MattW
Duckwyatt80
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum