SBEII Barrel BULGED!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Re: SBEII Barrel BULGED!

Postby bkbuster3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

i wouldn't get too worked up! I've delt with Benelli's customer service about 3 times, and everytime was pretty much painless. i would just about bet that will take care of it, and i don't think the ammo type has anything to do with it. Benelli has never charged me anything for any part i needed, and others i know have sent there guns in and haven't ever got charged.
bkbuster3
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:14 am

The ony problem I have ever had with a Benelli was one SBE II that the chrome plating was peeling off 2 choke tubes, They sent me replacements at no cost and I just tossed the old ones. Customer service was great / fast at getting me taken care of.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Big_Earl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:58 pm

anymore info on the bulged barrel or anyone else have issues with the hypersonic? Between my dad and I we shot a case of hypersonic, me shooting my 887 and my dad with his SBE II. We had no issues with these shells and also used black cloud and others.
Big_Earl
hunter

Postby TxQuackstacker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm new to the forum but have been chasing waterfowl for the better part of 20 yrs. For the last 6 yrs, I have been shooting a Super Nova. I just bought a SBE 2 Friday night and yesterday went out and put 6 boxes of 3.5" Hypersonics through it with no issues. I chose the SBE 2 because most of my hunting buddies shoot them with Hypersonics, with no issues. I talked to a gunsmith about shooting Hypersonics out of the SBE 2 and he told me to go no tighter than a Modified choke.
TxQuackstacker
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:49 am

Anyone that can shoot 6 boxes of Hypersonic Remington 1700 fps loads in one day ,is a bad JOSE ! With very little Brain-cells
for pain ! And when you say out of Benelli ,WOW , you are one tuff guy . F F T , take it eazy on those hot loads , it could make
your marksmanship go south before the season gets here .
3200 man
hunter

Postby TxQuackstacker » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 pm

3200 man wrote:Anyone that can shoot 6 boxes of Hypersonic Remington 1700 fps loads in one day ,is a bad JOSE ! With very little Brain-cells
for pain ! And when you say out of Benelli ,WOW , you are one tuff guy . F F T , take it eazy on those hot loads , it could make
your marksmanship go south before the season gets here .

I'm 6'4" and about 320 lbs and shoot alot so I have gotten use to the recoil with the 3.5" loads.
Besides Teal season is in a month and I needed to know how it pattered and swung on skeet.
TxQuackstacker
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum