Can you replace SX3 mag tube?

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Can you replace SX3 mag tube?

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I have an older SX3 with the black magazine tube (not sure what its made of). My buddy bought one last year and his magazine tube is made of what appeared to me as stainless steel. What made me think of this is because on mine where the copper ring goes around the tube toward the top, just under it, there are small chunks of the tube that is missing. I guess it is from improper cleaning on the inside of that ring. There is a lot of corrosion on the inside of the ring and on the tube where the ring sits. The stainless looks like it would hold up better and clean better. Any body know any body that does this or if i should even be concerned?
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: Can you replace SX3 mag tube?

Postby ajmorell » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:20 pm

I think it is threaded into the receiver. Probably something you could do yourself with some patience, a propane torch and a good set of vice grips or a good pipe wrench. You can probably get a replacement SS one from Brownell's, call them and they will tell you what they have.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: Can you replace SX3 mag tube?

Postby mnlongtail » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

Hey,
Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem with my SX3

Wade
mnlongtail
Newb

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum