Cutts Compensator

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Cutts Compensator

Postby T Man » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 am

I am looking at buying a pre '39 A5 off of Jarbo03 and I had a question. The gun has a Cutts compensator on it with 2 chokes. Are the Cutts Compensators removable from the barrel or permanatly affixed?

Also...is the .710 choke ok to run steel through or should it just be a phesant gun?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Re: Cutts Compensator

Postby petrel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:40 am

I have a 16ga. A-5 that used to have on on it. I had Briley remove it, install screw in chokes, and refinish the end of the barrel.
petrel
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 am

they are easily removable with a chop saw :biggrin: but I believe they are swedged on the barrel. you can very carefully use a dremal to cut reliefs in it on 2 or 4 sides down to the barrel and they come right off in my exerience but that was on a remington not a browning. You might be better off picking up a used barrel off gun broker.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 16gaParkerGun » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 am

Personally, I would not remove it, or run steel through it.

Good advice on purchasing a seperate barrel.
16gaParkerGun
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum