Looking to put a sling on my Shotgun

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Looking to put a sling on my Shotgun

Postby ic3breaker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:43 am

I recently acquired a Weatherby pump shotgun (PA-08). I've been trying to find a magazine cap with a sling attachment and I haven't been able to track one down, was wondering if anyone knew were I could get one or if I should just go to a gunsmith and save myself the hassle? On the weatherby website it clearly shows the waterfowl version with a magazine cap that has a sling attachment, but I couldn't find it on there to order one, so they do exist. But I didn't know if the part might be interchangeable with another manufacturer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've spent a lot of time with no leads so far on the computer.
ic3breaker
hunter

Re: Looking to put a sling on my Shotgun

Postby tenfingergrip » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Call this number, 800 227-2023 and ask for Teressa in parts. I know the TR shotgun models have the swivel stud on them so I'm sure you could order a TR mag cap if they are interchangable?
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:41 am

Or do like I did with my 870....Drill a hole in the cap, install a bolt type swivel stud.......................
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Or do like I did with my 870....Drill a hole in the cap, install a bolt type swivel stud.......................

this is the route I usually take on shotguns. uncle mikes makes several options for this installation :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ic3breaker » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks for the leads guy
ic3breaker
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum