Burris Speed bead problem

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Burris Speed bead problem

Postby Freezer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

I have a Beretta 390 that I got a great deal on a few years ago. I finially have it where I want it with a synthetis stock the drop and cast set right and Cammo dipped. I decided the finial touch would be a Burris Speed Bead. They make them for the 391 and Extreama but not the 309. They will sell the mount seperate for $79 I was thinking of taking the chancew and trying to modify it but I'd like an opinion beforew I try. Is there a big difference between the thre guns recievers and stock fit? Are they close enough that with a file and dremmal tool I could modify it?
Freezer
hunter

Re: Burris Speed bead problem

Postby Park Duck » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm

I know how to fix it. Hold the gun by the barrel and kick that SOB off your gun. You don't need a sight/scope/bead for ducks.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Freezer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 am

Park Duck wrote:I know how to fix it. Hold the gun by the barrel and kick that SOB off your gun. You don't need a sight/scope/bead for ducks.

Have you ever seen one? Have you ever tried one? :no: I just want to know how to fit the thing :help:
Freezer
hunter

Postby erp10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 am

I know that not all mounts will fit the guns they say they do. I recomend going to somewhere that has them and compare it to your stock / reciver.
erp10
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am

I have a Beretta 390 and searched for what you are talking about. This is what I found and it appears that it replaces the 'shim', bolts right on.

I really don't think I'd use one though. It's kind of a gimmick imo.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... 8195004777

Look fast before a site-donor deletes this because it's a Cabelas ad.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Freezer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

OK I found one! :grooving: This may help you Aunt Betty. After a few phone calls and a lot of web surfing I founfd the answer. The Burris speed bead is no longer made for the 390 and Cabelas hasn't sold one for a 390 since 2009. I contacted Beretta and they gave me the correct Burris Part number (300246). I then called Burris and they still have the mount in stock. Then another call to Cabelas and they're going to order one for me.

I want it for a couple reasons. First it will work as a turkey site. Second my left eye doesn't work correctly so I have to close it when shooting. Third stance and form are a lot easier to achieve on a range than a swamp. That's what the Speed Bead is saposed to aid in. I know it's a comercial but go to their web site and check it out. I may be paying for a gimic but you never know until you try. I've gotten a lot of smart remarks on the web about them but nobody that has tried one. :no: I met three hunters who have them and love then. I figured I'd get one with the change I've saved. I'll post the results when I get it. :wink:
Freezer
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm

My hunting partner liked his except for it fogging up in cold weather. Good luck with yours.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:08 pm

biscuitsandgravy wrote:My hunting partner liked his except for it fogging up in cold weather. Good luck with yours.

That's sounds like something great for duck hunting. K.I.S.S. that's all
Park Duck
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum