NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

Postby butzback48 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:11 pm

:help: I have a Berretta Silver Pigeon that i just purchased and when i took it out clay shooting for the first time the bottom barrel has a slight delay consistent delay before it fires :mad: ... Can anyone tell me if maybe its dirty or something mechanical wrong with it and where to have it worked on near Blackwell, Oklahoma?? :huh: Any help is appreciated thanks and have a great day.. :thumbsup:
butzback48
hunter

Re: NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm

butzback48 wrote:I have a Berretta Silver Pigeon that i just purchased

By "just purchased" do you mean NEW?

If it is a new gun the best advice is to return it to the dealer you purchased it from and have them handle the repairs thru Beretta. Or call Beretta directly and talk to their support people. They might be able to help you or they might send you a label to return it for repair.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!

Postby klf » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

butzback48 wrote::help: I have a Berretta Silver Pigeon that i just purchased and when i took it out clay shooting for the first time the bottom barrel has a slight delay consistent delay before it fires :mad: ... Can anyone tell me if maybe its dirty or something mechanical wrong with it and where to have it worked on near Blackwell, Oklahoma?? :huh: Any help is appreciated thanks and have a great day.. :thumbsup:

Yank the stock and expose the lock. Spray some non chlorinated brake cleaner on the firing pins and springs. Sometimes gunk collects there. Be sure and apply your favorite lube and reattach the stock. Hope that fixes it. If not you may need a new pin and spring which is common in the O/U world. :hammer:
klf
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum