maxus question

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

maxus question

Postby dkilburn » Fri May 11, 2012 3:23 pm

i had to come to germany for 6 months on business. i loaded my maxus and left it in the bedroom for my wife. when i return home, will/should i replace anything since it has been loaded that long. i didn't now if this would weaken anything or not. mayby the spring... thanks for the help. please PM me , dave
dkilburn
hunter

Re: maxus question

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat May 12, 2012 1:10 pm

It will not hurt a thing to be left loaded, I leave my tactical 11-87 loaded (has been for about 7 years now) and the magazine spring still works perfectly when I take it out to play. I also leave all of my AR mags and 45acp mags loaded and have never had any issues from any of them.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dkilburn » Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 am

good deal buddy, thanks
dkilburn
hunter

Postby klf » Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 am

waterfowlhunter wrote:It will not hurt a thing to be left loaded, I leave my tactical 11-87 loaded (has been for about 7 years now) and the magazine spring still works perfectly when I take it out to play. I also leave all of my AR mags and 45acp mags loaded and have never had any issues from any of them.

When I read your reply my first thought was this guy is paranoid gun freak. Then it dawned on me that I have all that stuff and more loaded up and ready to go. I guess I'm out of the closet now. ROCK ON :beer:
klf
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum