Beretta 390 easy swivel option!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Postby yareelohim » Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Anyone with a 390 knows it can be difficult figuring out how to mount a sling to the forearm.

Currently there are a few options from Beretta and Mike's.

Here is another option I thought of recently which works really well and is super easy. All it requires is a guitar strap. I used one my guitar straps with nice durable leather and disconnects on both ends so I can easily take the strap off in the duck blind.

....…........................................................

*Update to my original post.

ImageImage
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342748.706756.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342736.688527.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342721.613623.jpg
Last edited by yareelohim on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Re: Beretta 390 easy swivel option!

Postby maclavin » Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

I just drilled and tapped my cap 1/4 x 28 to except a uncle mikes universal kit. Going on it's 15th year this season with no problems.
maclavin
hunter

Postby yareelohim » Wed May 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Macalvin,

Have you shot your gun since you drilled and tapped it the cap? I thought about doing that but worried too much gas would escape through the cap. I suppose if you sealed it well enough, this could be a good option.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

yareelohim wrote:Macalvin,

Have you shot your gun since you drilled and tapped it the cap? I thought about doing that but worried too much gas would escape through the cap. I suppose if you sealed it well enough, this could be a good option.

Thanks.

The gas escapes the the rear of the gas piston on a 390, not thru the front. The stud is strictly for retaining the barrel and fore arm.
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby yareelohim » Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:

Thanks.

The gas escapes the the rear of the gas piston on a 390, not thru the front. The stud is strictly for retaining the barrel and fore arm.

That's good to know. I was worried it would not cycle the gas valve springs as well.
yareelohim
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks.

if you noticed he said that it is on it's 15th year with no issues. I personally would go with the solid swivel on the mag cap over the barrel bands or other types, It just seems more solid to me.

maclavin wrote:Going on it's 15th year this season with no problems.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yareelohim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 am

*Update to my original post.

I took Macalvin's advice and drilled / tapped my magazine cap.

I bought a stud from the gun smith for $2.50 then tapped the mag cap with a 32 thread pattern. Fairly easy process overall and did my 390 and wife's 870

ImageImage
yareelohim
hunter

Postby Camocynergy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Maybe I got lucky with mine, but I'm assuming it came with the mounts. The front has the circular piece that sits between the cap and the fore stock, I want to say it even has dents to catch the cap pin as you tighten it down. I can't imagine it came with the sling, unless I bought it Beretta specific. I'll take a picture of it, and maybe post up dimensions so people can fabricate if they have the equipment.
Camocynergy
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm

They all come with that, but it limits your choices of slings.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum