Beretta 390 easy swivel option!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Postby yareelohim » Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Anyone with a 390 knows it can be difficult figuring out how to mount a sling to the forearm.

Currently there are a few options from Beretta and Mike's.

Here is another option I thought of recently which works really well and is super easy. All it requires is a guitar strap. I used one my guitar straps with nice durable leather and disconnects on both ends so I can easily take the strap off in the duck blind.

....…........................................................

*Update to my original post.

ImageImage
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342748.706756.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342736.688527.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338342721.613623.jpg
Last edited by yareelohim on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Re: Beretta 390 easy swivel option!

Postby maclavin » Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

I just drilled and tapped my cap 1/4 x 28 to except a uncle mikes universal kit. Going on it's 15th year this season with no problems.
maclavin
hunter

Postby yareelohim » Wed May 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Macalvin,

Have you shot your gun since you drilled and tapped it the cap? I thought about doing that but worried too much gas would escape through the cap. I suppose if you sealed it well enough, this could be a good option.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

yareelohim wrote:Macalvin,

Have you shot your gun since you drilled and tapped it the cap? I thought about doing that but worried too much gas would escape through the cap. I suppose if you sealed it well enough, this could be a good option.

Thanks.

The gas escapes the the rear of the gas piston on a 390, not thru the front. The stud is strictly for retaining the barrel and fore arm.
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby yareelohim » Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:

Thanks.

The gas escapes the the rear of the gas piston on a 390, not thru the front. The stud is strictly for retaining the barrel and fore arm.

That's good to know. I was worried it would not cycle the gas valve springs as well.
yareelohim
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks.

if you noticed he said that it is on it's 15th year with no issues. I personally would go with the solid swivel on the mag cap over the barrel bands or other types, It just seems more solid to me.

maclavin wrote:Going on it's 15th year this season with no problems.
CPL holder since 1991, NRA Lifetime Member, DU Member, NICET certified

"For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.—Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yareelohim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 am

*Update to my original post.

I took Macalvin's advice and drilled / tapped my magazine cap.

I bought a stud from the gun smith for $2.50 then tapped the mag cap with a 32 thread pattern. Fairly easy process overall and did my 390 and wife's 870

ImageImage
yareelohim
hunter

Postby Camocynergy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Maybe I got lucky with mine, but I'm assuming it came with the mounts. The front has the circular piece that sits between the cap and the fore stock, I want to say it even has dents to catch the cap pin as you tighten it down. I can't imagine it came with the sling, unless I bought it Beretta specific. I'll take a picture of it, and maybe post up dimensions so people can fabricate if they have the equipment.
Camocynergy
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:06 pm

They all come with that, but it limits your choices of slings.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
NSCA Life Member 646442
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum