Duck Hunting Forum banner

Franchi 912 cant out a sling on it!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Patternmaster kid 
#1 ·
I have a 912 and was wondering if any one else has had the issue of not being able to put a sling on there gun. I was wondering if I have to modify the swivel studs or if there are bigger clips on slings that I could buy?

#3 ·
I have a claw sling on my SBE II. They have somewhat similar cap designs. I had to shorten the amount of material on the top of the sling that attaches to the swivle so that it didn't rub and tear up my camo job. Not a big deal to me now...its a shotgun and it WILL get dings so I wouldn't hesitate any more to put about any sling on her that fits now.

#4 ·
I did figure it out. I didn't want to but I did, I filed down the swivel studs on the gun. There is slot of metal there so you don't have to be super careful.

Steps:
1. Take the gun a part so you can put the mag cap on a flat surface.
2. Take a file and file flats on top of swivel stud, basically making the top a square.
3. File the edges off the now square stud.
4. Do the exact same thing for the one on the stock, but I didn't do the sides bcuase it wasn't necessary. And it looked better with out the sides rounded.
5. Then I took a q-tip and some rustoleum khaki camo paint and painted the bare steel. I chose that color because it matched my max4 camo the gun has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.