Franchi 912 cant out a sling on it!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Franchi 912 cant out a sling on it!

Postby Patternmaster kid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm

I have a 912 and was wondering if any one else has had the issue of not being able to put a sling on there gun. I was wondering if I have to modify the swivel studs or if there are bigger clips on slings that I could buy?
Patternmaster kid
hunter

Re: Franchi 912 cant out a sling on it!

Postby talltimber » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 am

You get it figured out? Post some pics of it if you can.
talltimber
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm

I have a claw sling on my SBE II. They have somewhat similar cap designs. I had to shorten the amount of material on the top of the sling that attaches to the swivle so that it didn't rub and tear up my camo job. Not a big deal to me now...its a shotgun and it WILL get dings so I wouldn't hesitate any more to put about any sling on her that fits now.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Patternmaster kid » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I did figure it out. I didn't want to but I did, I filed down the swivel studs on the gun. There is slot of metal there so you don't have to be super careful.

Steps:
1. Take the gun a part so you can put the mag cap on a flat surface.
2. Take a file and file flats on top of swivel stud, basically making the top a square.
3. File the edges off the now square stud.
4. Do the exact same thing for the one on the stock, but I didn't do the sides bcuase it wasn't necessary. And it looked better with out the sides rounded.
5. Then I took a q-tip and some rustoleum khaki camo paint and painted the bare steel. I chose that color because it matched my max4 camo the gun has.
Patternmaster kid
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum