brand new out of the box sx3 broke !!!!

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

brand new out of the box sx3 broke !!!!

Postby robertii4422 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok just bought this sx3 on Thursday havent had time to really check it out until this morning put it together to check it out before doing a good cleaning, cycled the bolt and went to pull the trigger, and it would not move, worked the safty back and forth a few times and still would not move. have read that thay sometimes have a heavy trigger pull, until thay get broke in. Butt this was not moving. So I pulled the trigger asembly out and started to look things over, I seen a little spring on top-back that was not hooked in the front. Looked closer and seen where it might hook up and there was a piece that was broke. So I went on line to numrich gun parts, to look up a schematic and found it to be the DISCONNECTER that was broke the spring is called the DISICONNECTER/TRIGGER SPRING.

OK, so it is Saterday, so I cant call Winchester until Monday just looked at there wab site and found a otherized gun smith not far from me so I may see what thay will do. just thought I would share and see what you guys might do or have to say.
robertii4422
hunter

Re: brand new out of the box sx3 broke !!!!

Postby Mr. spooky » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 pm

crap hapens. not everything is always perfect. Im not understanding the complaint??????
spooky
Mr. spooky
hunter

Postby robertii4422 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm

not realy a complaint just a bitch and vent alittle bit I am just not happy I have been reserching this gun for about two years and have herd so many good things about it and when I finely get one this is what I get.
robertii4422
hunter

Postby blownsled » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:43 pm

if you havnet shot it take it back where you bought it.....
blownsled
hunter

Postby robertii4422 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:11 pm

I would like to do that, but it states on the reaseat all firearm sales are finel but I will call them and see what thay will do.
robertii4422
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm

That sucks, but I know if the place you bought it from does not take it back Winchester will even pay for shipping back to them. Its just a thing that happens. Its a great gun
War Wagon
hunter

Postby The Drake » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Just take it back and get another one....pretty simple to me.
The Drake
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 am

Pretty poor that a new gun out of the box is broke. I would return to the place of purchase and see what they will do for you. Do not tell then that you took it apart and already know what is wrong, that gives them an excuse to plame you for the damage. Just tell them that the trigger will not pull and let them handle it. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Flint » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

I think bolt slide link of you gun did not get into the socket of the recoil spring when the gun was assembled. As a result when the bolt was forced back it caused the bolt slide link down into the trigger assemble and to break off the top of the trigger disconnet part. . I have seen this happen before. It is extremely important on the SX2 and Sx3 to get bolt slide link into the socket of the recoil spring when assembling the gun. I hope this helps.
Flint
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum