Versa Max proplem solved

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Versa Max proplem solved

Postby Flint » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:43 am

On the end of the barrel there is a small piece of of metal that fits into a notch in the inside top of the receiver. This locks the barrel in place. Apparently the barrels have to be hand fitted to the receiver at the factory. To much metal was filed from the barrel on my gun. This allowed the barrel and rib to rotate off center of the receiver. I called Remington and they are going to replace my barrel. I appreciate Remington standing behind their products and the help I received from their customer service and repair centers.
Flint
hunter

Re: Versa Max proplem solved

Postby dwbiggs » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Wow...they've been making these for a while now...wouldn't figure they would be having a problem like this. :rolleyes:
Bonafide member of the National Ringneck Hunters Association(NRHA)
dwbiggs
hunter

Re: Versa Max proplem solved

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 am

dwbiggs wrote:Wow...they've been making these for a while now...wouldn't figure they would be having a problem like this. :rolleyes:

welcome to the last 10 years of remington... the overall quality,fit, and finish of their guns has dropped in the past few years atleast on every single one ive seen or herd about. weather its a new model or if they've been making it a while.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum