places to shop

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

places to shop

Postby kb9zgb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:19 pm

This isn't for a shot gun but I expect the same places sell other items for guns. I managed to break the rear ramp type site on my rifle. What is a decent online shop gun accessory's ? the bass pro and cabellas didn't have much to offer.
kb9zgb
hunter

Re: places to shop

Postby War Wagon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:24 pm

War Wagon
hunter

Postby kb9zgb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks, I will give it a look.
kb9zgb
hunter

Postby Woodyard » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Brownell's is good. So is Midway USA.
2011-12:
Mourning doves 49
Buck antelope 1
Buck mule deer 1
Mallards 97
Wood ducks 3
Greenwing teal 24
Bluewing teal 2
Ring necks 8
Pintails 3
Wigeon 1
Gadwalls 1
Shovelers 2
Redheads 1
Canvasbacks 1
Bands 2
Woodyard
hunter

Postby adustydawg » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

You might try Cheaper Than Dirt site. Brownells is #1 on my list. :hammer: :welcome:
adustydawg
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 am

Woodyard wrote:Brownell's is good. So is Midway USA.

my thoughts excatly! I love living 10-15min away from midway! by the time I get there my order is ready to be picked up!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
Woodyard wrote:Brownell's is good. So is Midway USA.

my thoughts excatly! I love living 10-15min away from midway! by the time I get there my order is ready to be picked up!

If you live close they might be fine but their shipping charges are seriously outrageous. They wanted $29 to ship a $4.99 pack of targets. I called them and ask if it was a mistake and they told me no but if I order a lot of items the shipping evens out. They told me that it cost them at least that much to pay their people to pick, package and ship an order. I canceled the order and avoid them completely. Gander mountain has Free shipping every day and good prices too.

gun Parts corp is a great place for repair parts as is Brownells, i have accounts there and get most of my gun parts or accessories from them.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am

waterfowlhunter wrote: Gander mountain has Free shipping every day and good prices too.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good prices. Now that's funny.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 pm

tornadochaser wrote:
waterfowlhunter wrote: Gander mountain has Free shipping every day and good prices too.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good prices. Now that's funny.

:huh:

I have compared items online at midway and Gander (paper targets that I go thru a LOT of for example) and 90% of the time they are less on the Gander mountian site. In the store prices seem to be a bit higher though on some items.

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Brownelle's :thumbsup: .......... Midway used to be good but shipping has gotten outrageous and they don't seem to stock 1/2 the stuff they catalog. I've tried to put together a large enough order with them to justify the shipping and keep getting shut down because 1/2 the stuff I'm ordering is out of stock...... I finally gave up..............
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Brownelle's :thumbsup: .......... Midway used to be good but shipping has gotten outrageous and they don't seem to stock 1/2 the stuff they catalog. I've tried to put together a large enough order with them to justify the shipping and keep getting shut down because 1/2 the stuff I'm ordering is out of stock...... I finally gave up..............

:thumbsup:

I forgot to mention that, I was putting stuff on my "watch list" until a had a large order to "justify" their shipping robbery. then like you said half the items are backordered (or they raised the price) and they actually want to charge you extra shipping on each and every back ordered item as they ship them. No other place that I have ever ordered from charges you an extra shipping fee on every back ordered item as it ships. :mad: they have lost a lot of customers that I know of personally due to this issue. At one time their shipping was fair and competitive and I did a lot of business with them.

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 am

Gander might have good prices here and there for shooting supplies, but their decoy, blind, big game, optics, and boating equipment prices are high. The free shipping helps bring the price down if you can find something on sale though. Their retail store pricing is horrible. I don't know how they can keep a store open in Fargo with Fleet Farm and Scheels both selling name brand sporting goods for cheaper just down the road. Gander was great when they were just a mail order catalog. Seemed like they were always $10 cheaper than cabelas was.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:08 pm

within driving distance I have at least 5 or 6 Gander mountian stores, Bass Pro and Cabelas and they are building another Cabelas just north of me. they all seem to battle each other for price and Cabelas always seems to be the highest of the 3. I but Decoys on Craigs list at about 1/4 price of new from guys that tried it and never did it again. We also have Dunhams and dicks and their prices are higher than any other palce around me. I get most of my sporting goods online, just wait for the right sale and the free shipping. Patience :biggrin:

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Brownelle's :thumbsup: .......... Midway used to be good but shipping has gotten outrageous and they don't seem to stock 1/2 the stuff they catalog. I've tried to put together a large enough order with them to justify the shipping and keep getting shut down because 1/2 the stuff I'm ordering is out of stock...... I finally gave up..............

they should stock alot more soon......... they are in the process of building another warehouse
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum