Pretty sure this was ANOTHER dumb purchase....

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Pretty sure this was ANOTHER dumb purchase....

Postby goosewhisperer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:07 pm

So I decided to purchase another Stoeger P350, thinking that they would have fixed the double feed and hanging shell problem. Boy oh boy was I wrong. Does anyone know of any at home fixes to repair this? I have done an extensive cleaning. I even took out the mag spring and cleaned. I cleaned everything with FP-10 and put everything back together dry...still have the same darn problem. Oiled everything...same problem!!!! Some help would be appreciated, besides selling and buying something different.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Re: Pretty sure this was ANOTHER dumb purchase....

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am

I feel for ya brother, gun pains/problems will knot your stomach up.

Lesson learned on that model, hopefully they will fix it this go round.
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby tripleb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 am

Not familiar with that gun, but most others the problem is related to the shell stops not functioning properly. I had a similar issue with an earlier BPS10. It fed Remington hulls great. It fed Federal hulls great ...... until I got a batch of Federals which had a change in the shape of the rim. Those wouldn't release reliably from the magazine tube. In that case, all I had to do was to file about .005" off one of the nose of one of the shell stops and it fed all shells fine. Your problem is the reverse and may require bending the shell stop so it engages the rim better, or putting in new shell stops. Malfunctioning shell stops was a common problem with Mossberg pumps, easily and cheaply fixed.

But, I suggest you first find out if there is a brand of shells your gun works reliably with. Mine worked fine with Remingtons. I measured the rim diameters of Remington hulls and the Federals which were causing problems and there was a .015" difference between the smallest Remington and the largest Federal. That's a lot. Maybe your gun will work properly with a simple switch in ammo. If not feasible, send it back to the factory or have it repaired by a qualified gun smith. Send them some empty cases of those shells which did not cycle properly so they can take measurements if necessary.
tripleb
hunter

Postby The Drake » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Save yourself the headaches and buy a higher end gun, ya they cost more, but in the long run save you headaches and make your hunts more enjoVersamaxyable. Good auto's under a $1000---, SX3, Maxus, used Benelli M1 or M2, Beretta 390.
The Drake
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 pm

I fixed the problem by taking the gun back where I bought it. After about 1 1/2 hours of fighting with managers and the gun smith. We all came to the conclusion that the gun was a lemon. And they actually gave me credit for the p.o.s. I now have a new Mossberg 930 to complement my Mossberg 935. Only reason for the original purchase was I was looking for a cheaper back up gun. And man did I ever get cheap. Now I am extremely happy and cant wait for the season.
Molt Gear Society Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 pm

LOL shot my brothers p350 and it feels like im trying to shoot a homemade gun made from a 2x4!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Dbishop311 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 am

Get a benelli, and you wont need a "back-up" :thumbsup:
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm

I have owned an M2, and actually didnr like it. It just didnt fit me right. The gun was too light and just felt out of place. I also didnt like the butt pad that kept coming off in the layout blind. Sticking with the Mossberg, just fit me better...weight, feel, and speed are just right for me.
Molt Gear Society Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Get a benelli, and you wont need a "back-up" :thumbsup:

THIS

I love my M2 It fits perfect and the butt plate has never come off. It shoots like a dream and has never failed me. I love my M2
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby lostknife4 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:41 am

Long after the price of a bargain is forgotten the quality of a good purchase is remembered. SBE II Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum