Benelli SBE1 Link Repair

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Benelli SBE1 Link Repair

Postby crappiehunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 pm

My SBE1 failed me while shooting sporting clays this weekend. Field disassembly revealed a broken link. The link is the shaft looking piece that is located at the rear of the bolt assembly and rests on the plunger (spring) located at the base of the stock. The link is connected to the bolt assembly by a pin. Does anyone know if this link pin can be removed by a punch or does it have to be pressed out? Midwest gunworks lists the link for $31.00. Thanks, Todd
crappiehunter
Newb

Re: Benelli SBE1 Link Repair

Postby kindervb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:05 am

I know the link pin on the M2 is staked in on both sides, I would guess the SBE1 would be the same if you look at it you should see if it is or not the M2 has 3 stake marks on each side.
kindervb
hunter

Re: Benelli SBE1 Link Repair

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

You can remove it with the proper size punch with a backing to drive it out thru and replace the link. you can use Locktite bearing and sleeve locker on it when you put it back in. clean all oil off from it real good if you use the sleeve locker to hold it in place.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum