Beretta Pintail ES100

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Beretta Pintail ES100

Postby David2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 am

I found a great deal on a Beretta Pintail ES100 the other day so I bought the gun. Hardly been shot, great shape, etc.

The first thing I did was take it apart, and after having to check the owners manual I downloaded off the Beretta site, I feel like I know how the gun works pretty well with one exception.

When loading and unloading it, you have to extract the shells out of the magazine from under the gun like you load it. From what i have read this is normal. Only thing is the button that closes the bolt on the side of the gun moves forward which will not allow the bolt to stay back. After you unload it you have to push the button to the front. I found an old post from '07 that made me feel like that was normal and that the beretta manual will explanin it (but the one i have does not.)

Does anyone have one of these guns that can tell me exactly how it works in regards to the loading/ unloading and that button moving around? I just got the gun and have not shot it yet... Maybe it is obvious after you shoot it but i can't figure it out right now.

Thanks
David2
Newb

Re: Beretta Pintail ES100

Postby vacuum6 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 pm

my hunting partner has one. you are not alone. we took it back to gander and they could not figure out how to unload it either. i have no idea...wierd gun.....i was wondering if something is missing or broken....no one around here knows.
vacuum6
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 am

I had 2 of them one with a deer barrel and one 26". Never had any issues unloading them at all. with the bolt closed you just push the paw that holds the rounds in the magazine and remove all the rounds from the magazine then eject the last round from the chamber and the the bolt will stay open if I remember correctly. My son has one of them in CT and I sold the deer version when I picked up an A-Bolt slug gun.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Bigdawg22 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 pm

It's not really that big of a deal. Once you figure it out it's probably quicker than unloading a regular autoloader. If you are intersted I've got a deer barrel with the extra forearm for sale on the classifieds.
Bigdawg22
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:46 am

I stand to be corrected but I think this gun is almost identical to the Beretta 1200. If your roll the gun over you should see a small button type release on the trigger end of the loading gate. This will release the mechanism and allow for easy removal of shells.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum