Stoeger bolt NOT locking all the way forward.

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Stoeger bolt NOT locking all the way forward.

Postby duckhunter885 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:55 pm

I have a Stoeger Model 2000 12 gauge and it shot great for the first couple years. The last two it will cycle but the bolt wont slide all the way forward. I have pulled everything apart and cleaned it again. Has anyone else had this issue or know what to look for?
duckhunter885
Newb

Re: Stoeger bolt NOT locking all the way forward.

Postby jawmarq » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 pm

i had this problem before i cleaned my gun, now it cycles great. did you take the bolt all the way apart and clean the pin, spring etc? also when the bolt is out, there is a small silver cylinder on the back side of the receiver,(something to do with the shell ejector)there is a torx on the outside of the receiver holing it in, remove the torx, pull out the little housing and cylinder make sure that is clean and the cylinder slides back and forth easily inside. reinstall and use some kind of thread locker on the torx. if that cylinder is binding at all, its more difficult to eject the shell, and then it doesn't have as enough force to shut itself all the way. hope this helps
jawmarq
hunter

Re: Stoeger bolt NOT locking all the way forward.

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 am

Have you removed the spring inside the stock and inspected this? Older benellis had an issue with these rusting and breaking causing a non lockup.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum