Browning A5 cycling problems

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Browning A5 cycling problems

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I have an A5 that I bought used about 4 months ago that cycled fine when I got it. Now it will load and fire first shot but once second shot is loaded into chamber, I cant even pull the trigger without switching the saftey on and themn back off. So, I have to fire first shot, switch safety on, off and fire again. A few weeks ago I could take out the plug and fire all five shots no problem. What could be my problem?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Re: Browning A5 cycling problems

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Dirty
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:32 am

I thoroughly cleaned the action and lubricated it and still having problems. I cand run the bolt and it will fire every time, but after it cycles a new shell into the chamber it will not fire without running the bolt again. Any ideas?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby capt2011 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 pm

i bought another A5 last year and its in mint condition not even a scratch and it shoots one time doesnt eject or anything just fires once and nothin else 2 3/4 or 3in dont matter anyone know what tha deal is
capt2011
Newb

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:14 am

capt2011 wrote:i bought another A5 last year and its in mint condition not even a scratch and it shoots one time doesnt eject or anything just fires once and nothin else 2 3/4 or 3in dont matter anyone know what tha deal is

Clean and LIGHTLY oil the magazine tube.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:15 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:I have an A5 that I bought used about 4 months ago that cycled fine when I got it. Now it will load and fire first shot but once second shot is loaded into chamber, I cant even pull the trigger without switching the saftey on and themn back off. So, I have to fire first shot, switch safety on, off and fire again. A few weeks ago I could take out the plug and fire all five shots no problem. What could be my problem?

Which style safety is it? Cross bar or old style infront of trigger guard?

What is the condition of the return spring?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Cross bar behind trigger. All springs seem to be in working order.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 pm

did you figure anything out yet :huh:
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Ya let us know
txhunter90
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum