Limbsaver easy glide coating

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Limbsaver easy glide coating

Postby southbistineau » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Put one of the limbsaver pads on my shotgun. It came with a small vial of easy- glide coating. Have any of you applied this to your limbsaver, and if so, does it make a difference?

Thanks
southbistineau
hunter

Re: Limbsaver easy glide coating

Postby POKER1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Never heard of it. What's is its purpose? I had a couple older LS pads and they became sticky and soft over time. Swapped them out for the newer Remington super cell pads which are a much better pad IMO.
POKER1
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm

they had a few bad runs where the chemical mix got out of whack and the pads turned sticky (mijne did it a while back)...just call 'em and they'll send a new one if yours goes bad. I haven't heard of the coating but I'd want to test it on the side to make sure it won't make the pad too slick.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby DoubleDutchChuck » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 pm

I've asked that question of the folks at Limbsaver and was told that it is used to make the pad slicker, so it doesn't hang up on your clothes as you shoulder the gun.
"Listen to those Whispering Wings"
DoubleDutchChuck
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum