Recoil Spring?

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Recoil Spring?

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 pm

So I have a sure cycle in one X2 and have just sent out the piston to be sealed.. If it is successful and I am happy.. I am going to send out the piston from my 3.5 inch X2 to have it sealed as well.. Seeings that the 3.5 gun will be delegated to back up, I am not going to put forth the $$$ for a second sure cycle kit..

Looking at the Wolffe springs sight the Browning spring states 2 3/4 and 3 inch only? Why, or does anybody run this spring in a 3.5 inch gun..

Secondly while researching the piston sealing, someone mentioned another spring manufacture other than Wolffe.. I had it bookmarked in Mozilla and have since switched browsers and lost it.. I have also went back through the threads I read and cannot find the thread.. Anyone care to list off another manufacture.

Thanks
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Re: Recoil Spring?

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Anyone know the other manufacture of Recoil Springs for the Gold and X2 :help:
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

Icded ,

The springs I use are made by J and P Springs ( Jim Flynn ) , he's located in florida now with a Mfg plant here in Ca.
I'm really happy with his springs , I have them in my Maxus and Gold and they work Great . You can find his info on
trapshooters .com .

3200 man
hunter

Postby tryin2hunt » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey 3200, just a quick question.....Will the Browning Gold recoil spring fit the Maxus? I didn't see one specifically for the Maxus on J & P's website.
There's only one thing worse than it raining right after you wash your truck, and that's having to poop right after you get out of the shower!
tryin2hunt
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 pm

I really don't know for sure , but a call to Jim Flynn would confirm it . I just called him and ordered a spring kit for the
Maxus and in about 4 days it was here . Everything I needed was in the kit . He's a Great guy to talk to , he'll know what you need and J and P Springs has a really good product inventory of parts as they supply most manufactures of guns .
3200 man
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum