which pattern for camo dip...

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

which pattern for camo dip...

Postby davescarp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I just can't decide on what to dip my gun... My M2 is for ducks exclusively, i mainly hunt rivers and marshes for woodies and mallards. I like max4, but usually wear a MODB jacket, but I just can't make up my mind, both of those patterns I feel blend in well to the places I hunt. Can you guys post some good photos of your guns in various patterns to help me choose? I feel like max-4 is lighter and has more contrast, and MODB is darker but has more variety to it? whatcha think?

also thinking of dipping another gun for dual purpose, ducks and spring turkey. Any thoughts on a good versatile pattern?
davescarp
hunter

Re: which pattern for camo dip...

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 am

I dipped mine & my daughter's 3901 20ga's in Buck Brush, just waiting on them to ship them back. I told them to keep them for the recommended drying period since we both have a couple of 390 20ga's to hunt with.

These are the only 2 I have ever had dipped and I wouldn't have done it except she wanted a camo gun. I will never do it again though. If I ever do anything in the future, it will be Cerakote. I have a couple of Black T finished guns, a Auto-5 and a 390, and that is a great finish also.

I have no problems with a black gun myself and only have 2 factory camo guns, a M2 and a SBE II.

She only chose the BB pattern because it matched her waders and camo, I was hoping for anything other than pink, so this surprised me. Her 2 ARs are Pink Realtree camo, just wasn't looking forward to that pattern again.

As far as a choice for you, just try to match the surroundings you spend the majority of the time hunting in. For high definition pictures, use the factory websites, most have a wallpaper gallery or very high def pictures of the firearms, only drawback is they are against a white background.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum