Benelli Nova Discharge issue

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Benelli Nova Discharge issue

Postby chaltig » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:57 pm

On my past two outings I have had a problem with the shell not discharging at all from the gun :huh: . To be specific the shell is st ill in the most forward part of the chamber (locked in the barrel). I have looked around and haven't found anything stating a similar problem. Anybody else experience this problem?
Field Staff Pacific Custom Calls
chaltig
hunter

Re: Benelli Nova Discharge issue

Postby T Man » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 pm

check your extractor and extractor spring.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby chaltig » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Will do, thank you
Field Staff Pacific Custom Calls
chaltig
hunter

Postby hawglips » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:44 pm

chaltig wrote:On my past two outings I have had a problem with the shell not discharging at all from the gun :huh: . To be specific the shell is st ill in the most forward part of the chamber (locked in the barrel). I have looked around and haven't found anything stating a similar problem. Anybody else experience this problem?

Shells that are high pressure will often cause the brass to swell and get stuck in the chamber and not eject. What shells are you shooting?
hawglips
hunter

Postby tripleb » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

If you'd shot a lot of shorter shells .... say 2 3/4" ... then start shooting 3" or, more so 3.5", you could have extraction problems because of a failure to properly clean the chamber of powder fouling. It often takes a 10 ga. bore brush rotated on a drill bit and some good powder solvent to clean out all the gunk. Powder fouling can set up to be almost like asphalt with exposure to gun oil and passage of time.
tripleb
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum