Does anyone

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Does anyone

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 pm

currently use Frog Lube? Did a search on DHC and found where it was discussed , but haven't seen anywhere that anyone has mentioned actually using this product.

Reason I ask is I'm having an issue with a rotating bolt either not closing fully or bouncing back, I've had several conversations with gunsmiths on this issue. One gunsmith suggests filing and polishing suggesting that it's a head space problem, the other says by filing that would creat a head space problem, and lets start with Frog Lube and move forward accordingly, which sounds better then just jumping into removing metal. Also don't know if there's any lingering issues after applying Frog Lube?
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Re: Does anyone

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm

What kind of gun??? Benelli huh?
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Re: Does anyone

Postby Duckslayer19 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 am

Are you easing the bolt closed? Gotta usually let the bolt slam shut on rotating bolts especially benelli's. It's how the bolt is designed to function. Also benelli's do not need lube on the bolt or between bolt and carrier, even says in the manual to run them dry. The only real place a benelli really needs lube is where the bolt carrier contacts the receiver channels and a couple other spots.
What brand/model is it?
Duckslayer19
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum